We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle Tuscany

Saginaw, Michigan
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bicycle Tuscany

Has anyone taken the one day tour with this company (www.bicycletuscany.com)? The price is 60 euros and it looks like quite a good tour. There is also one that looks like a copy - Tuscany Bike Tours (www.tuscany-biketours.com) for the same price. Any input would be appreciated as I think we may make a reservation with Bicycle Tuscany.

boston
Level Contributor
452 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

please let me know how you make out or which one you choose

7 of my family will be there in late may and the 4 college kids want to go out on bikes for 1 ro 2 days

price seemed how that you showed in your email

thanks

dd

Atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

We just returned from our Bicycle Tuscany trip and loved it! David, the owner, was our guide and he was great. The total ride was 13 miles, but there was only one stretch that was somewhat hilly, and given what the terrain looks like in Tuscany, that is a blessing.

Hope you enjoy your tour!

Ciao

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
697 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

So glad to hear this. We have a trip booked for a day with them in late June! I am so excited about this part of our Italy trip. Where did you go?

FL
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

We went with the Bike/Wine Ride from http://www.ibiketuscany.com/

The owner Marco was so nice and friendly, and his bikes and helmets were in great shape. He even asked for the heights of the participants in advance (IMPORTANT!!). He also arranged a very nice lunch at an organic farmhouse in Tuscany. The only thing I would caution is that even the "Easy" ride in Tuscany requires some effort getting up the hills. It was a really fun day and we would book with I Bike Tuscany again

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

Would love to know more about I Bike Tuscany and your experience with Marco & crew.....we are going for two weeks to Tuscany in June and my husband (an avid bike rider) is considering one of his tours. Any other reviews?

Phoenix
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

We loved Marco at I Bike Tuscany. The Wine Ride was the highlight of our trip to Florence. A beautiful ride through the Chianti region of Tuscany with wine tastings, a winery tour and so much more. There are many other rides offered as well which you can check out on his website. Marco is wonderful, his equipment top-notch, and best of all he picked us up and delivered us back to our hotel. You can't ask for more convenience than that. Enjoy Firenze!

NY, NY
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

Curious as to the difference between Marco's tours and David's tours. They're both 1 day tours of Chianti and Marco is 40 Euros more than Davids?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

another alternative might be I bike Italy...they look good as well...www.ibikeitaly.com

Midwest
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

My wife and I spent a day with Marco last fall. The wine ride through Tuscany was definitely a highlight of our trip.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bicycle Tuscany

My boyfriend and i would love to do one of these tours, but it seems like they all leave from florence. Does anyone know if any leave from within the hilltowns? We will be based in siena for 8 days and would rather do a bike tour from that location or a nearby hilltown....