We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
McKenna, Washington
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

Okay, alright....so my husband likes to say that we've eaten in a McD's in all the different countries we've visited....so far around 10 different countries or so. Last year, while in France, we of course ate there and I got hooked on their chocolate McKrispie's. Is anyone else familiar with these? It's like a soft chocolate cookie made with frosted flakes or something....and of course the melt in your mouth European chocolate is what's so addicting!!

Just wondering if the Italian Mcd's have it also or if I'm going to have to make a trip across the border to satisfy my craving!! Ha!! I know there are many Italian desserts to die for, including all the gelato I could imagine, but you know how it is with chocolate!! Just hand it over and no one will get hurt, right??!!

If you're too embarrassed to handle this question on the Forum, you can PM me and I promise not to tell!!

Grazie!!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,483 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

Do you see it(McCrispy) here? (wait for all the products to show)

http://www.mcdonalds.it/prodotti/coffee.asp

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

Hi sky, Sorry but I never saw a McD in Florence but they do have one i(at least) in Verona and Milan. The ones I have seen have beer and pasta!!! (the one in Kuala Lumpur had riceburgers!!). Enjoy! Ciao

PS Why not collect expressos instead?

New York State
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

I thought they closed the McDonald's in Florence due to popular demand.

McKenna, Washington
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

Wow...what fast response!! Bibimbob, thank you for the product picture list. I didn't see it on there, but thanks for making me hungry!!! Well, I guess we'll just have to stop at one and check it out.

Didn't really intend on finding one in Florence since we're there just for a day, but thought I would post on the Florence Forum considering the Rome forum seems a bit busier. Not certain where we'll end up enjoying (?) our Italian McD's yet, but we'll have to experience a new dessert that I'll crave until our next Italian visit!!

Grazie!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

I thought there was still a McD's inside Santa Maria Novella (the station, not the church, obviously!! Although that's quite a funny image....;))... so if you're desperate for the McD's fix in Florence you could try there :D

McKenna, Washington
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

I'm never desperate for a McD's fix!! In fact, I never eat there in the states....okay, maybe once every 6 months?? (maybe) But desperate for the chocolate treat I had in France, oh, yeah, sure, ya-betchya!!

Florence
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

In Florence there are at least 6 McDonald's. One is inside the train station and another one outside. The most beutiful one is in central Via Cavour, a few steps from the Duomo, and it's a sort of stylish McDonald's very clean and with a contemporary flair.

I'm not sure they have the chocolate McKrispies but You an check directly.

Other McDonald's are not in the centre. One in Viale Talenti, Another one near Scandicci in Viale Nenni, then Via Baracca and last one by I Gigli mall.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

There is definitely a MCD's still in Florence as a friend of mine just got back and ate there as he wanted "a taste of home"...LOL!

Skyduo, I can't laugh...husband and I have the same thing! We seem to have McD's or some form of fast food on every special occasion...it started on our wedding day and so we've done it on every anniversary too. We had it on our honeymoon (we went a few months after the wedding) in Aruba so now we must visit one and take pictures every vacation! So I feel your pain! Since we'll be in Italy celebrating our 5 year anniversary, I'm guaranteed to be finding a McD's!!!

Happy travels!!

~Alisa

Italy
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

SHOOT!!!!! You asked for it!!!!

Level Contributor
260 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't Shoot me, but I have a McDonald's Question

I thought it was weird that in Rome there were street signs everywhere with direction and distance to the nearest McD.

We didn't see any signs for tourist sites but there was for McDs!

We did see a Burger King near the Spanish Steps.

After 6 days of pasta we gave in and ate at the McDs at Termini Station. You got your food tray then went up a staircase to the dining area. Lots of European teenagers to watch. The staff kept cleaning constantly. We were very impressed.