We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany tours from Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nashville, tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tuscany tours from Florence

We will be in Florence on May 15 - 18 and would like to take a wine tasting tour in the Tuscany region. There are two tour companies which have been recommended to us - Caf Tour & Travel and the Artviva company. Has anyone used either of these companies?

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany tours from Florence

Many have - look in pats posts for both companies in the little window about your post. Very favourable posts all around about artviva. Caftours fine as well but sounds a bit more run of the mill.

Enjoy!

CT
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscany tours from Florence

We have just returned from two weeks in Italy. One of our favorite tours was from Florence to Chianti. It was in a van with eight people, all American Guides so no problem with the language. Go to tuscantrails.com. It's really an educational tour. Went to a castle/winery where we were the only people. Our Guide, who was very knowledgeable in wines, was the one who explained the different kinds of Chianti and how to read the labels on the bottles and explained the color etc. Most informative. Five course lunch with wine in a tiny albergo. Lunch on the patio overlooking the absolutely gorgeous country-side. Another winery in the afternoon. We were on the route least travelled and didn't see any other tourists all day. The most relaxing and enjoyable day of our trip! I believe it was around 85euros and well worth it. I found this tour on the internet by accident and am amazed that it isn't advertised in more places. I'll be glad to answer an questions about tours or hotels etc. from Florence, Milan or Rome.

nashville, tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscany tours from Florence

Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely look into this.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuscany tours from Florence

I have what you are looking for!!!! My husband and I are actually leaving on May 18th to go to Florence to be a part of tours. Look at www.lalimonaia.net There you will find all the touurs you can imagine. These are high quality, very local tours. You will not be with a big group. You can also find other people's reviews of La Limonaia on trip advisor....all with the highest ratings. If you look at the website, click on American Ambassadors, and there you will find us.

If you decide to go with them, tell them Casey and Molly sent you!

5. Re: Tuscany tours from Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 05:27