We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online Museum Reservation

los angeles
2 posts
Save Topic
Online Museum Reservation

Has anyone used the online museum reservation service called florenceart.it?? I am traveling to Florence in June and wanted to make reservations to visit the Uffizi to avoid the long ticket lines I hear about -- I know you can make reservations by phone and the site I mention above is a secure site - just wondered if anyone had used it and had a good or bad experience with them. Thanks

Upland, California
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online Museum Reservation

I'll be staying at the Casci while in Florence next month and that was the website they referred me to. Hotel Casci is highly rated so I don't think they'd make a poor suggestion as it would reflect badly on them. Although the florenceart website looked fine, I did not use it. There's others like: weekendafirenze.com. I've used goporta.com for almost all of my day tours and reservations and have been very pleased with their system.

Good luck!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online Museum Reservation

Yup, I just used it and it's great. It's legit and even mentioned in Rick Steve's web site. They send you and e-mail so you can access the status of your request and then an a final e-mail with a link to your voucher which you print out and take to Italy with you. They will also work with you online to get alternate times and dates if necessary. BOOK NOW - reservations dry up fast!

Nashville
Level Contributor
181 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online Museum Reservation

After looking at the on-line ticket sites and their mark-ups, I found it much more economical to call Firenze Musei at 055-294-883 earlier this week. I was able to reserve blocks of 8 tickets for my family group at the museums (Uffizi, Pitti Palace's Palatine Gallery, and the Accademia on the days (June 4-5) and at the times I wanted with no trouble. Their web site is at www.firenzemusei.it for mor information. The staff was very nice.

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online Museum Reservation

Yes, Firenzemusei will save you the most money with only a 3 euro reservation fee but allow plenty of time to book your tickets. I called this morning about getting reservations to the Uffizi. The phone # from the states is 011-39-055-294-883. Their first available tickets aren't until June 16th, 2 weeks after we'll be there. They suggested that either we call the morning before we want to tour the Uffizi to see if anyone has canceled their reservation or show up 45 minutes before the Uffizi's opening time to avoid long waits. With the Accademia, they said you would only need to show up about 15 minutes before the 8:15 opening time without a reservation. We'll keep our fingers crossed because my son said the Uffizi is his all-time favorite museum.