We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accademia and Uffizi Wait Time in June if Arrive Before...

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Accademia and Uffizi Wait Time in June if Arrive Before...

We'll be in Florence June 1st and 2nd. Our hotel said the Uffizi has no reservations until June 9th. Booking a guided tour to avoid the wait is or booking through a company like florenceart.it or weekendafirenze.it is expensive. If we arrive at both the Uffizi and Accademia, say 30 minutes before they open, what can we expect as far as a wait time for each? Or is this not early enough? Is the Accademia just as popular as the Uffizi? I wasn't going to worry about getting reservations there since we were going to see it first thing before heading to Pisa for a few hours but now I'm getting paranoid. Waiting in line for hours is out of the question. Would the lines go down much if we waited until late afternoon? Is the Uffizi really free after 6 pm? Any other suggestions for getting reservations without the high surcharges?

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
FlorenceTown
Sightseeing Tours, Cooking Classes, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Italy Cruiser Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Italy on a Budget Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Chester
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accademia and Uffizi Wait Time in June if Arrive Before...

I would definately recommend booking on line. It seems there are hours and hours of queues if you haven't booked a time slot. I booked two tickets for both the Uffizi and Accademia with florenceart.it at a cost of 17 Euros for two for one musuem. Expensive but avoids the one, two, three, four hour wait!

Athens, GA
Level Contributor
759 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accademia and Uffizi Wait Time in June if Arrive Before...

Below is a post I found elsewhere on this forum. I called the number and made a reservation - got the date and time I requested, no problem. If I use the reservation, I pay 3 euros in addition to the regular museum fee. If I don't claim the reservation (no line, don't end up going to that museum, etc.) I don't pay anything. I just gave them my last name and they gave me a reservation number to use. The reservation agent speaks English.

"After looking at the on-line ticket sites and their mark-ups, I found it much more economical to call Firenze Musei at 055-294-883 earlier this week. I was able to reserve blocks of 8 tickets for my family group at the museums (Uffizi, Pitti Palace's Palatine Gallery, and the Accademia on the days (June 4-5) and at the times I wanted with no trouble. Their web site is at www.firenzemusei.it for mor information. The staff was very nice."

Mentioned in this post
Firenze Suite
Firenze Suite
320 Reviews
Florence, Italy