We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheres the best place to stay in florence

uk
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
wheres the best place to stay in florence

hi,my partner & i were thinking of going to florence in january for his 30th birthday to get away from stresses of work & kids.Where best place to stay in florence & places to go as we never been before..we on a budget but want to have a good time to relax but take in the sights..thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,731 reviews
from US$113.70*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,321 reviews
from US$123.80*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,093 reviews
from US$113.70*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
300 reviews
from US$101.00*
coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

Hello tripstotenerife.I would suggest that you check out Hotel David, if you are looking for a relaxing vacation. You can use the search box on this page or you can go to the left side of the screen and search it through the hotel section. It is one of the top rated hotels, and they offer a decent room rate. Read the reviews. We will be going there again next month for the third time.

Happy travels---

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

What is your budget?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

We stayed at Il Perseo near the Duomo, it is very central, friendly staff, rooms all recently refurbished to high standard, very reasonable rates. Check it out.

Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

Me and my family traveled to Florence in August and we stayed in a great apartment in the center. The agency was super nice and it was actually cheaper than the hotels that were out side the city. Our apartment was in Piazza Santa Croce, very nice area. They also had other properties located elsewhere. We were greeted with a bottle of wine from Chianti, and milk and breakfast foods for the next day. The apartment had everything, including a fully equipped kitchen, which was great because eating out every night gets expensive. Anyways if you want to reach them, we talked with Hannah Welch at Voyager.org@fastwebnet.it and their web site is www.florenceapartment.org ...

its 60 euro's for 2 people, and 20 euros for each additional person.

Tell them Jan Carol sent you, Ciao

Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

We just got back from Italy,incl. 3 nts. in Florence and we loved Hotel Dali. Excellent reviews on Trip A. We paid 65e a nt. Shared a bathrm,that was always clean. I made reservations directly w. Marco (who knows English well). Cute room,clean,safe area,close to everything (a few blocks from Duomo). Small, quaint,super friendly folks,yet cheap. If you like art: Uffitzi,Bargello, Academia.If you like to eat; anywhere! Stroll to the old bridge during afternoon was fun,nice area across the bridge..shops,places to eat. Walk over to the market,very festive area. (sandwitch there wasn't great).Bus ride up the hill to Piazza area for awesome view of Florence in the evening. Hope you get to go!

uk
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

thanks for all ur comments thinking of goin somwhere hot now,just dnt no where will be hot hot in january..any ideas???

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

ripstotenerife, I would also recommend staying at Hotel Il Bargellino. They have very good reviews on tripadvisor.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

Australia, and anywhere around the Equator

9. Re: wheres the best place to stay in florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 14:16