We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
M M
chapel hill, nc
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and the Accademia? I don't want a tour....just admission tickets. Any advice?

California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

it is easiest to have your hotel make reservations for you

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

Very easy. With one telephone call to the Florence museum operator, you can make reservations for both the Accademia and the Uffizi. They will give you a confirmation number that you present when you arrive at the museum - you pay nothing when you make the reservation - only when you actually visit the museum. The reservation costs 3 euro, in addition to the cost of the ticket. Well worth it to avoid long lines.

The phone number is: +39 055294883

New Zealand
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

Yes, we telephoned too. It was so easy, and everything went to plan.

M M
chapel hill, nc
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

Thank you so much!

Level Contributor
199 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

Use a phone card. The 7 minute call was $26.

M M
chapel hill, nc
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

Good idea!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

7 minutes for $26!!?!?! You can get a phone card at Target or WalMart where it costs about 5 cents a minute to call Italy!

Roseville...
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

Hi,

We got ours at www.florence-museum.com. They were the lowest charges I could find on the internet. It gives you a voucher which comes as a print out on your computer printer. Then you just take this with you to the museums on the day and time designated. It was worth it because on the day we were there, last September 27th, the lines were already long, even at 8:ooam. At Uffizi Gallery, it was a little confusing since the museum was about to open up and there were several lines. Then we found out the line for those picking up tickets was across the street where 5 people were waiting, so it wasn't bad at all. When you get there you just go to the cashiers' booth and exchange the voucher for a ticket. Go to info@florence-museum.com also, same company. Just follow the steps on how to get tickets. If you do both museums on the same day, you might like to go and see the"David' first at the Accadamia in th morning and Uffizi in the afternoon.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

Careful of the fees at these other services...by calling the museums directly the fee is 13 euro per person for advanced reservations...these services seem to be charging an additional 5-10 euro per person to do it for you.

Also, as someone else said, buy an international calling card...my wife is from europe so we spend hundreds of dollars a year with www.enjoyprepaid.com...great card b/c with a sapphire plan there are no connection fees and no weekly maintenance fees like other cards. The only fee that bothers me is a 1 or 2 dollar fee for spending less than $40 on a card.

If you call from your home land line with no international plan you'll get a nice surprise on your phone bill

10. Re: How do I get advance tickets to the Uffizi and Accademia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 20:20