We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/uffizi/

b-ticket.com/b%2Dticket/uffizi/default.aspx

I have read several threads about calling the museum to reserve tickets and that the museum doesn't sell "online". It seems that this is an official site and it is even the link that is given on the tripadvisor page for the Uffizi.

Is this website legit and is there any reason to call instead of using the online service?

thanks! 8

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Yes, it's the official Web site.

Online reservations for the Uffizi are very recent; it's only been in operation a month or two. Before that, the only way to reserve directly was to call.

NJ
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

thanks for the quick response!

Belo bloody...
Level Contributor
45 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

None of my transactions were authorized by this new website (I know my credit cards aren't that bad, and I've tried with several!). Did anyone have the same problem? I'll guess I'll just phone.

NJ
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Mastercard didn't go through but the Amex did. The only difference between the 2 screens was that the Amex didn't require the additional verification code.

After trying with the MC I needed to wait for 1/2 hour before the tickets that I wanted were available again.

I remember reading that the debit (bank cards) in Italy require 4 digit pins, I wonder if the verification numbers are different also?

I also noticed that the drop down menu for of countries didn't list the USA, but that wasn't required information.

Tuscany
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Verification numbers are the same -- the three digits from the back of the card.

Visa and Mastercard often block transactions coming from abroad, to protect your account from fraudulent charges. It might be worth calling your bank to check if it was them to stop the transaction. You can tell them that you wish to authorize it, and then you can try buying the tickets again.

On the other side, American Express doesn't seem to block transactions that often... they usually go through without a hitch.

Sydney
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

My visacard didn't work either - so I will try the Amex.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
2 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Here is a direct link. It changes language but there is an english link at bottom. You can pick day and time.

b-ticket.com/b%2Dticket/uffizi/default.aspx

Belo bloody...
Level Contributor
45 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

I tried again, and somehow it worked! I guess the credit card problem is solved.

BL8
Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Anyone tried the www.uffizi.com site? It seems that it's not the official site because they charge more for commission. I just bought from them. More expensive is one thing. Now they have my credit card number and everything.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

BL8: It's not the official site; it's an agency selling the tickets and adding its fee. There is no need to worry about it having your card details, although you have paid more than you needed to.