We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ECONOMYCARRENTALS has anyone had experience with them

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ECONOMYCARRENTALS has anyone had experience with them

We're looking to rent in Florence in May, the quote from Economy car rental for an automatic is the best price, I need feed back, anyone?

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ECONOMYCARRENTALS has anyone had experience with them

I don't know Economy car rental.

How much are they charging you for what kind of car for how long? Will you be returning it to the same place you will be picking it up? If not, how much more are you paying for that? Is there unlimited mileage (kilometrage?)?

What kind of support do they provide if the car breaks down?

Read the small print. Read it again. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Sometimes a "cheap" car rental winds up costing you more - even much more - than an "expensive" one.

Check autoeurope.com

Check whatever deal your airline may be offering.

Check to see what collision insurance you are paying for and whether you can get a better deal from somebody other than the car rental agency.

Good luck.

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ECONOMYCARRENTALS has anyone had experience with them

Thank you George, I think I may get a good price with my air carrier,I'm checking now. Do you know of any sites to show the limited traffic zones?

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ECONOMYCARRENTALS has anyone had experience with them

The map for the limited traffic zone ("ZTL") in Florence can be found at

…firenze.it/servizi_pubblici/…mappaztl.htm

The problem is understanding it.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
592 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ECONOMYCARRENTALS has anyone had experience with them

I have used autoeurope, and have been very happy with them if that helps.

5. Re: ECONOMYCARRENTALS has anyone had experience with them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 23:20