We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Excelsior question

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ny
Level Contributor
727 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Excelsior question

I'm not sure whether to pay for a riverview room - Is noise a factor for either riverview or non riverview rooms at the Westin Excelsior? Thank you!

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Excelsior question

What is the difference in price?

USA
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Excelsior question

the area is not very noisy, as it is just passage and houses. the prices will differ but I would defiitly take a riverview, as the riverview lookes over the arno....and if lucky you see the pontevecchio. for sure you can see it fromt he Grand hotel, same management on other sid eof the square.

mobally

ny
Level Contributor
727 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Excelsior question

I am not sure of the price difference. Right now I am holding just a regular room and a premium deluxe room (to use as a triple). Since we need 2 rooms the view can get costly. I keep reading of people who get "upgrades" and I wonder if this is a possibility. I don't even know how that is done, do you? Also, I don't think we will be in the room all that much. I'm not using a travel agent, but I'm beginning to see why people do! thanks!!!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Excelsior question

I've had a riverview room at the Excelsior twice, with tall french doors opening onto balconies. Noise was not a factor at all.

As for whether to pay for it - that depends on your budget and how much you care about having that view. The view is very nice - you can see the Ponte Di Vecchio down the river. To tell the difference in price, go to starwood website.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Excelsior question

The riverview is very nice indeed, but I'm not sure the price difference justifies it. To get an upgrade you have to have a loyalty card, or stumble upon a very nice concierge, and for the hotel to have available river view rooms - all of which sound like a bit of a fluke, so I wouldn't bank on it.

6. Re: Westin Excelsior question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 00:18