We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Bigallo or Hotel Sempione?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Bigallo or Hotel Sempione?

Has anyone stayed at either of these two hotels? Sounds like a good value for the price, and am thinking of booking 3 nights in either one for my florence stay at end of may...

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Bigallo or Hotel Sempione?

I think being close to the Duomo is probably better than being close to the train station unless you are going to spend all your time going on day trips. So, that would be the Bigallo. Plus, it's rated higher on venere.com + the trip advisor reviews are better even though it's rated 2 points lower than the Sempione.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Bigallo or Hotel Sempione?

have you (or any other forum readers) ever booked on venere.com? Is it a reliable source? Prices do seem competitive on that site...

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Bigallo or Hotel Sempione?

no I never have. And when I booked my hotel, it was less or equal to what venere had, so I just booked directly. That way I could make certain requests - like quiet room, number of beds, etc.

google the hotel name and see if they have a website. You might find that the price is basically the same. Now that I've said that - I imagine venere is dependable - seems to be a popular site.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,206 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Bigallo or Hotel Sempione?

We stayed at Hotel Bigallo in 2005 and loved it. It's directly across the street from the Duomo, and if possible get a room that opens toward the Duomo.

If you book there the entrance is to the left as you face the building with your back to the Duomo. Not easy to find the first time.

italybound@verizon.net

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Bigallo or Hotel Sempione?

Definitely Il Bigallo.

Enjoy!

6. Re: Hotel Bigallo or Hotel Sempione?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 22:20