We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

expedia any one use them

Sandwich...
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
expedia any one use them

I am thinking of booking thru Expedia, easier for me-

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,928 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: expedia any one use them

I have not had ny problems booking flights through them. I always book Hotels direct myself on the phone or email.

michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: expedia any one use them

I used them last year for a trip to Rome and Florence. Excellent service.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: expedia any one use them

I do not believe that it makes any sense to rely on any one way of booking airline tickets, car rentals, hotels, etc.

I always shop around.

I check the airline websites, the hotel websites, and I frequently call them as well to see if better deals exist when you call direct. I also check expedia and travelocity and orbitz and, now kayak, which does a remarkable job of sifting all the other sites.

I also go back and forth, because things are constantly changing in a bizarre way. I have seen fares on United/Lufthansa and Delta/Air France go up and down by hundreds of dollars in the space of a couple of hours.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
philadelphia
Level Contributor
823 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: expedia any one use them

It does make sense to shop around a little before you book on any one particular site. But I will tell you, I book approx 90-95% of my travel/trips through expedia; and I do travel a good amount. I've never had a problem with them. And because I use them so frequently, they send me great deals and coupons to use toward further trips. The only negatives are: if you book airfare that subsequently needs to be cancelled and/or re-booked, they require you to do so through the airline directly, which can be a hassle. Also, anything you book on expedia gets fully charged to your credit card upon booking HOWEVER cancellation policies for hotels and vacation packages are usually very lenient (offering no-fee cancellation up to a certain time before your trip). Overall, because the service on expedia is so reliable, I choose to stick with them most of the time. Hope that helps! Good luck!

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: expedia any one use them

Beachlover:

If you don't really check around, how do you know what is or isn't a "great deal"?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
823 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: expedia any one use them

I DO check around, but most often default back to Expedia because they invariably have the most competitive prices! :) And again, they always give me the heads up on upcoming specials, etc. So I take that info and comparison shop but expedia remains my favorite...

Sandwich...
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: expedia any one use them

Thank you. I have been checking around and Expedia, so far has the best deals.

Because of all the responds I received I feel confident now, while planning my Florence Trip.

Sandra, Cape Cod

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: expedia any one use them

Did you check wwww.kayak.com?

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: expedia any one use them

You can also try vayama.com But definitely at parity of prices I would choose Expedia because they are fairly established and reliable.

And yes, George, lately flight tickets have had the same errant behaviour as shares.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: expedia any one use them

I have used Expedia but agree with George - shop around.

I have found that often the cheapest flight or hotel booking is direct with the airline or hotel. The big advantage of booking direct (assuming the price is competitive) is that if something goes wrong, typically delays causing missed connections, you are dealing directly with the supplier and do not have to deal with the agent. It is very difficult dealing with an on-line agent on an urgent problem.