We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Florence

Indiana
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Florence

I will be driving from Portofino to Florence. What is the easiest way of then parking a rental car (where?!) and getting some sort of public transportation (what kind?) into the heart of Florence? Upon leaving Florence I will then be heading to the Greve area.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Florence

Would you please tell us why you take up people's time posting exactly the same question in two separate threads?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Florence

Hoosier1723...I hope the suggestion I gave you on your other post helps. I am sure there are many other ways. Maybe George can offer some instead of being so rude to a new poster.

Indiana
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Florence

Thank you so very much for both of your messages. Your first was extremely helpful in logistics! Your second was very helpful in redeeming values of the human spirit (I also felt his comments were quite rude, and I considered responding). It was an obvious mistake (duplicate requests) - and possibly not my own error. I decided to take the high road and not enter into a endless dialogue. Thanks for both of your messages!!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Florence

I also thought that reply by george was extremely rude. (I've had a rude reply from him just recently, unfortunately.) There's no excuse for that behavior on such a wonderful online travel community. And FYI...I know a few TA members who will intentionally post duplicate questions on separate communities, purely due to the fact that everyone reads different sublect lines; it's actually a very wise idea to duplicate-post, for comprehensive coverage on TA, and more exposure. It can only help you more as a traveller. I don't mind at all if TA members do that. Anyhow, hoosier, I hope you get the answers you are loooking for; sorry I have no advice for ya! But i wish you a wonderful, safe trip to Italy!

5. Re: Getting to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 01:19