We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
336 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

Hi all, for our day trip to Florence from Rome on Thurs. 5th June, I am planning on visiting some of the jewelry shops on Pointe Vecchio (to make a purchase, I hope). Is there somewhere nice (moderately priced) for lunch around there where hubby and I can discuss how much I need whatever it is I am sure I will want to buy.........

Thanks

C

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,683 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

At the Oltrano end of the Ponte Vecchio running down on your right, parallel to the river is Borgo San Jacopo. There are several good restaurants along this street for a reasonably priced lunch

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

You might try the Trattoria 4 Leoni Via de dé Vellutini 1r Piazza della Passera Firenze - continue straight on from the Ponte Vecchio headed south onto the Via Guicciardini. Take your second right. It's a great, boisterous place where you can eat inside or out.

Moncton NB, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

I loved this restaurant that we stumbled upon

http://www.goldenviewopenbar.com/

Very nice view of Ponte Vecchio and awesome food and wine.

New York
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

Agree with comment below regarding Golden View Open Bar...Good view and food.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

Try Buca dell'Orafo on Volta dei Girolami 28 r in the arched alley between the Uffizi and the Ponte Vecchio.

Packed with tourists given the location, but the food is really good. Excellent Tuscan feast.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

Osteria Chingale Bianco on Borgo san Jacopo is just north of the Ponte Vecchio

About ten minute walk is Alla Vecchia Bettola

http://www.florence.ala.it/bettola/

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
302 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

The Pizza at the Golden View Open Bar was really quite good. This is not the cheapest place in Florence, but reasonable for lunch, very close to Ponte Vecchio and as noted earlier, the view of the river is spectactular...Happy shopping

Houston
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

We, too, enjoyed the food at the Golden Open View. Fantastic view of Pont Vecchio, the river and Uffizi.

9. Re: Lunch somewhere around Pointe Vecchio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 13:18