We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

I'm travelling to Florence in December and would love to treat myself well, and stay at a very luxurious hotel. Preferably something in a very central location, with a spa, and good restaurants nearby.

Any suggestions?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

The Westin Excelsior in Florence is very, very nice, very elegant, great rooms, many with excellent views and balconies overlooking the river and the Ponte Vecchio, and a lovely, grand lobby and musicians at night. The location is great too, just a few blocks' pleasant walk along the river from the main square in Florence. I've stayed there twice, most recently last fall, and was very impressed both times. It's one of the few luxury hotels that gets almost universally great reviews on TA.

I don't think it has a spa, though (although I'm not sure).

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

No problem with this question. 3 options for you. They are all represented here in the US by JDB Hotels, so easy reservations. Wonderful hotels, great locations and special accommodations

1) Palazzo Magnani Feroni www.jdbhotels.com?flrpmf

2) Plazzo Niccolina Al Duomo www.jdbhotels.com?flrnic

3) Hotel Helvetia & Bristol www.jdbhotels.comflrhbr

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

Savoy , Westin, Grand & Lungarno (river view)

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

I wouldn't argue with any of the earlier suggestions.

But if you want something really exceptional, I would look at the Villa San Michele:

www.villasanmichele.com

It is an unbelievably gorgeous, small hotel on the hillside above the city. It has one of the most beautiful swimming pools I have ever seen, and it has a very highly regarded restaurant. There are lots of other good restaurants not far away, such as a new favorite of mine, the Fattoria da Maiano.

Florence
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

I second the choice of The Westin, Great area, great hotel, great service. there is not a spa but I know they have a collaboration with a beautiful spa close by and they also offer in room massage.

Also lots of interesting restaurants around. Villa Sn Michele is beautiful, but it is far away from the city centre.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

Wife and I just got back from a stay at the Westin. You can't go wrong there...see my review.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

When in Italy---- stay in an Italian hotel and experience where you are. You can stay in a Westin in the USA. San Michele is wonderful, but not central Florence. I agree, it is unique.

MA
Level Contributor
943 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

Someone asked this identical question a couple of months ago. You might want to search and read the replies--and then read the reviews of the hotels mentioned.

Florence
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

Westin hotels in europe are not like the westin in the us.they were part of CIGA portfolio and they are some of the most luxurious and beautiful properties around.

The westin in florence is gorgeous and overlooks the arno river so it offers also very romantic views of the town at sunset.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,683 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need outstanding luxury Florence hotel

The two luxurious Hotels my wife and I have stayed in on recent visits to Florence are the Lungarno in Borgo San Jacopo. Our room overlooked the Arno with fine views of the Ponte Vecchio. There are several good restaurants in and around the Borgo San Jacopop in Oltrano.

The other Hotel we have stayed in is the Degli Orafi. Again a room with fine views from the other side of the Arno or the Ponte Vecchio. This Hotel is very well located equidistant from the Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi. The breakfasts are especially good, as good as any we have had anywhere in Italy.