We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

Dublin
11 posts
Save Topic
Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

I read somewhere that even withe pre-booked tickets, waiting time for entry to the Uffizi can be considerable. Does anyone have any personal experience of this? Going to Florence in early September and am wondering if it is worthwhile paying the extra money to book online and being confined to a specific time?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

We were in Florence several years ago and at the moment the queue for the pre-booked tickets was shorter that the "normal" one, but not much shorter. But I don't know if this is the rule or it was a special case.

But since Ufizzi is one of the most important art gallery in the world, for our next visit we decided to book online and then take the shortest line, even if this would make us pay twice! The place is well worth a visit! Last time we spent almost a full day there, with some coffe breacks on the terrace.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

There is no difference between the line for prebooked tickets and the line for tickets purchased online, as it sounds from the previous post. There is a difference between prebooked and prepurchased tickets' line and the line for people who have neither, which is usually much longer and takes much more time since people have to pay for the tickets (which for prebooked tickets is done in another line, which is much shorter).

So, to make things simpler, do prebook your tickets - either asking your hotel to do it for you - if complimentary - or purchase at firenzemusei.it, or phone ++39-055-294883. Do NOT bother with any other online site, which is usually very very much more expensive for exactly the same thing.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,610 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

My wife and I have visited the Uffizi several times, in various months through the year, with pre-booked timed entry tickets. We have always walked straight in, sailing past the a queue often a couple of hundred yards long waiting for over an hour. Definitely well advised to save a lengthy wait by buying timed entry tickets.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

You can also buy tickets from CAF Tours for EUR 15 each. They sell tickets for entry in the morning (I think 9am) or at 4:30pm. When I got to Uffizi, I did not have to queue at all.

CAF Tours is located on via S.Antonino 6/R (close to Firenze SMN Stazione). I did not know about this until I visited their offices (last week) as I had wanted to book some guided tours with them. They can also do Accademia for the same price.

Enjoy Firenze!!!

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

The cost of a ticket + booking is 10 euro unless there's a special exhibition going on.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

The first, last and only time I booked tickets for the Uffizi, we had to wait for about 45 minutes. We were told it was because there are limits on how many people can be in the museum at any time, and they do not limit how much time anybody can stay inside.

That being said, we have frequently found that you can just waltz into the Uffizi with no wait whatsoever in the afternoons, a couple of hours before they close.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

From July 1 to September 30, 2008, the Uffizi has extended hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until 10:00 pm.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

Is the Uffizi lighted in the evening? Does it get dark inside after sunset?

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

Yes, it certainly is lit but lighting's pretty poor in some rooms. (I'm thinking especially the little Tribune room with the Bronzinos) Remember, it can be v grey and dark in winter here.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Queuing for Uffizi even with pre-booked tickets?

George - and how was the non booked entries queue when you had to wait 45 minutes with your booking?