We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls help me choose!

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wrexham, north wales
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pls help me choose!

I posted a message on here in Aug & got some very helpful replies and it's now time to book...........

My friend's getting married in June 2009. The wedding reception will be held at the Borgo San Jacapo and the night do is at the Hotel Continentale Sky Bar.

One of the reccomendations was the Hotel Alessandra which seems very reasonable, good reviews, but i just want clarification it's in the right area (walking distance!!).

Other suggestions were the The Relais Cavalcanti, Alloro (read alot of reviews re overbooking which has put me off this one!), Hotel Cestelli, Hotel Hermitage, Scaletta & Florence Old Bridge.

Your advice would be gratefully received!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,573 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls help me choose!

The Hotel Continetale is in Vicolo dell Oro, very close to the Ponte Vecchio and immediately across the river from the Borgo San Jacopo. The Hotel Alessandra is in Borgo SS Apostoli only a few yards further down the river from the Vicolo dell'Oro. I would have thought very convenient and also central.

wrexham, north wales
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls help me choose!

The Alessandra have just replied to an email i sent them saying there's an important fair in town so they don't have any rooms with private bathrooms on the 19th of June! Oh no!!

Look like i'll have to look at one of the alternatives.......

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,573 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls help me choose!

The Hotel Pitti Palace is very conveniently located just by the Ponte Vecchio at the entrance to Borgo San Jacopo. It is some years since I stayed there but it was OK, nothing startling then, though could always have changed - either for the better or the worse I suppose.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pls help me choose!

The Relais Cavalcanti is the closest one of the other ones you choose to the Continentale. The Scaletta is the closest one to the reception. I would go for the Relais.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pls help me choose!

I've always enjoyed staying at the Florence Old Bridge. It is simple accommodation and if you expect turndown service with a mint on your pillow and a hotel bar, this is not it. However, if you want clean, cozy, affordable accommodation with a private bathroom and in a safe, charming, less-touristy area, this is it. The photos on their website and at www.florenceby.com are totally accurate, so take a look at them to know what you will get.

La Scaletta is the sister hotel right across the street - you will check in here and can enjoy the use of their rooftop patio. Great for sunset wine and appetizers with friends. They are friendly and offer good suggestions and services. I did not stay at La Scaletta, but it looked quite nice also and being the same owners, seems to have much the same style. It just offers more amenities, slightly more luxury in the furnishings and a breakfast room. With the B&B you can simply step across the street to the charming cafe and get your own.

I always recommend saving your money on accommodations, without going to cheap and spartan, and better spend on wine and shopping!

Buon viaggio! LL

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
939 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pls help me choose!

Yes, don't leave your booking too late. The PittiUomo Menswear exhibition is on at that time and exhibitors and visitors to the fair (like myself) book months in advance.

Suggest you try Il Perseo on via Cerretani. It is central, clean, friendly staff and reasonably priced during the fair.

Please take note that rates almost triple during the Pitti show.

wrexham, north wales
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pls help me choose!

Fab, thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it. i will look at your other suggestions.....

Another option (i thought maybe a cheaper option) would be to get a 4 bedroom apartment in the same area? is there such a thing at all?

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pls help me choose!

Take a look at

www.vrbo.com

9. Re: Pls help me choose!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 20:36