We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap/Free Internet Access

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap/Free Internet Access

Does anyone know where the best deals for internet access can be found - anywhere in Florence?

Also, is anyone aware if free access can be obtained at any public libraries there?

thnx!

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,697 reviews
from US$112.10*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,311 reviews
from US$122.00*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
296 reviews
from US$99.60*
Special Offer
Florence Super Saver: Best of...
1,502 reviews
from US$110.80*
US$117.00
Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,457 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap/Free Internet Access

There are lots of Internet Points in virtually all the towns. Even in some of the smaller ones, there is access. It's usually reasonably priced, you just need to make good use of your time. Know who you're going to email and get it done. Same goes for surfing for info; know what you're looking for, find it and get off. Many hotels have 1 computer for their guests to send email or search for info also, free. Good luck and have a ball.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,847 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap/Free Internet Access

I love this company. I have been to their net cafes in UK, Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin and Paris(now closed). A beacon in the dark sea of expensive net access :)

http://www.easyeverything.com/map/flo.html

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap/Free Internet Access

Just to answer the second part of your question, there is only one main public library in downtown florence, and that's the biblioteca nazionale, which isn't so easy to get into for a foregeigner without specific research requirements, and does not provide free internet. They have computers but it's catalogue access only. Unfortunately the concept of public services hasn't reached here yet.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap/Free Internet Access

I went to Florence last month, and noticed quite a lot of internet cafes scattered around the city. All seemed quite reasonable, the cheaper ones being away from the main tourist sites. You should have no problems. ask if your hotel has internet access too- my modest 2 star provided it free, very generous.

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap/Free Internet Access

Hi,

We had to pay for internet access at our hotel. You purchase a card. 1 euro for 15 minutes or 1.80 euroes for 30 minutes.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
266 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap/Free Internet Access

Internet Train have about 15 branches in Florence, with many in convenient locations, and these are marked on a city map which they supply. This is useful if you will be doing a lot of sightseeing as there will always be a branch located fairly close to where you are at any time of the day. Also they have branches throughout Italy as far as I know, if you are travelling further afield. You will need to bring along your passport to join, and you will be provided with a plastic card into which you can load up usage time credits. As far as I remember an hour costs something like 3 Euro or thereabouts. I found it very convenient. Also the keyboards are easier to figure out. Some of the other places have keyboards where the characters are wrongly assigned. I spent several minutes in one place, trying to figure out where the @ symbol was, as the key assigned to it actually returned something else.