We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
23 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

I've read the few reviews posted here for restaurants in the area. Does anyone have any other favorites to add or simply provide another opinion on the ones listed on this site? Our preferences are for casual to moderate priced -- nothing against those who enjoy those kinds of restaurants but we're just not much for the whole Michelin 5-star dining experience :)

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,736 reviews
from US$112.80*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,322 reviews
from US$122.80*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,093 reviews
from US$112.80*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
301 reviews
from US$100.30*
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

In Oltrarno, not far from that end of the Ponte Vecchio, is Quattro Vecchio. Try the pasta flavored with pears & asparagus.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Also in Oltrano, near Hotel David at Via G. Orsini 86, is Trattoria L'orologio. Good food at reasonable prices. They are closed on the weekends.

Further down at Via G. Orsini 32, is "Gigi", another family run trattoria with good food.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Which area?

Florence
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Trattoria Sostanza, also called "Il Troia", long communal tables and 100% florentine cuisine.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
70 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Try Trattoria birreria Centrale Piazza dei Cimatori, 1-2r near Piazza della signoria or Francescano down the left hand side street of Sant Croce church (if you were looking at the frontdoors) just past the turning for via san cristofano. Great food at both. If you want to eat at lunc time try Trattoria Anita on Via del Parlascio 2/r very cheap and will be full of locals quite basic but a really good local feel.

Enjoy!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Thanks to everyone who has posted suggestions to Hermosa90254. My husband and I will be visiting Florence from Apr 23-25 prior to a bike trip through Tuscany. Our restaurant preferences are casual to moderately priced as well, and this has been very helpful! Any others?

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Where will you be staying?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

We're staying at the Adler Cavalieri.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

An earlier poster mentioned two restaurants near the Hotel David. Hotel David is on Via Michelangelo, on the far side of the Piazzale Michelangelo, and even though it is over the river, it's not Oltrarno. Perhaps if you're at Piazzale Michelangelo one evening it would be convenient for you.

When we stayed at Hotel David they recommended Tratoria Beppino's to us. It's located at di Agostini & Pontefice. It was the best meal we had in our 12 days in Italy. We went back the next night. The thick and hearty soup is amazing. And the gnocchi were just about the best I've ever eaten. They brought over a bottle of liquor (a digestivo, I believe) after dinner each night with no charge. The tiramisu was also incredible. I could go on, but you get my point. Very reasonable prices. I just found my receipt for one night: 2 primas (the soup!), 2 secundis, 1 contorni, 1 dessert, half litre house red, half litre water and 2 cover charges, for 56 euro for 2 people.

Anyway, there are a ton of excellent restaurants for what you describe. Have a great trip!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

Whoops--I was looking at the wrong line of my receipt. Beppino's is located on Via di Ripoli, 13R.

Sorry about that.