We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Rome to Florence~

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Rome to Florence~

I will be taking a train from Termini in Rome and departing at Rifredi in Florence. Will it be easy to get a train from there to Santa Maria Novella? I use this sight alot and want to thank everyone for all the valuable information. Thanks in advance~

sydney
Level Contributor
387 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

ciao-yes rifredi is close to SMN. just change trains and you will be at SMN in minutes. many suburban trains run this route so i think waiting time will be minimal.

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

Hi,

Why dont you want to take a direct train from Rome Termini to Florence SMN? There are several direct train to choose from depending on the duration of journey.

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

Maybe I am reading the train schedules wrong, but it was cheaper to go into Rifredi than Termini. Thanks~

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

Termini is in Rome. Train which go to Rifredi are usually not as fast as trains which go to SMN, and the question is how you value your time, including the time you'll need to get into the city from Rifredi.

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

Hello,

I do value my time but there is a difference of about $20 and when you are traveling on a budget, it all adds up. So you don't advise doing that? Is there a possibility the train will stop at both stations? Thanks~

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,468 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

For the times of trains for the five minute journey from Rifredi put 'Firenze Rifredi' and 'Firenze S M N' into www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

You are going to lose €1.10 of your saving to pay for the extra fare.

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

>>figs, "Is there a possibility the train will stop at both stations? Thanks~"

This is where Germany's rail website shines over Trenitalia: http://tinyurl.com/cllafk

>Start: Roma

>Destination: Firenze S.M.N.

>Via: Firenze Rifredi

>Means of Transport: check box "All without ICE" which gives you non-Eurostar trains

After you input your date and time and get to the timetable page, on the left side under the last option click "Show details for all" and then "Show intermediate stops" - you will see that the IC stops in Rifredi and a R train continues to SMN. So, no, there are no IC trains that continue to SMN - if it's the 08:41 departure you are looking at from Termini, that would be the IC 582 train.

-----------------

PS - I hate when I forget to uncheck the facebook box :)

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

Tell me which train we are talking about and I will happily check it for you.

9. Re: Train from Rome to Florence~

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 05:22