We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Accademia to Casa Buonarroti

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Accademia to Casa Buonarroti

Yes, I've a couple of good maps. One of our party has some difficulty walking and I'm trying to determine the most efficient (and least hazardous) route from Accademia to C. Buonarroti. When I hit the map sites, they all seem to want to "drive" us. I'm aware that it's not far, but would love to have input on someone's (everyone's) tips for getting from here to there. Should we just get a taxi?

I've walked it, but I just wandered and gawked and circled and I know that't not what's called for on this venture. Thanks in advance.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Accademia to Casa Buonarroti

Go to:

www.viamichelin.com

Key in the departure and arrival points, and then click on "pedestrian" and it will give you the route.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Accademia to Casa Buonarroti

In a pinch, there are always taxis in nearby Piazza San marco and i'm sure they'll be happy to take you.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from Accademia to Casa Buonarroti

ther is a old pdf file that the ATAF used to have in the my post on June 28 that you can download

slowtalk.com/groupee/…

You can take bus 17, 11, 6, or 1 from Piazza San marco to Pizza San Giovannio and get off there. then you can catch bus 14 to near Piazza Santa Croce (via Ghibellina) whcih is near Casa Buonarroti

It is the green teepee on this google map. Zoom in to see better

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

the church of Santa Croce is the red flame and is jsut south of Via Ghibellina near where you need to get off.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from Accademia to Casa Buonarroti

Thanks so much! The Michelin site is a jewel, George. We'll make it!

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from Accademia to Casa Buonarroti

SavannahMame

Agreed - and it is also pretty good for finding hotels, restaurants, tourist sights, etc.

And it now works in the States as well.

6. Re: Walking from Accademia to Casa Buonarroti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 06:16