We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AFL Grand Final telecast

Geelong, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
AFL Grand Final telecast

A group of Aussies from Geelong will be in Florence when the AFL Grand Final between Geelong and St. Kilda is played on Saturday 26 September. Is anyone able to advise if there is any likelihood of the game being shown live on television and, if so where could tourists go to view it?

FlorenceTown
Sightseeing Tours, Cooking Classes, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Italy Cruiser Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Italy on a Budget Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: AFL Grand Final telecast

hey boys, im in rimini on east coast of italy travelling around and i have been doing some research on this too as i clearly want to watch the grannie. I will be in croatia when the game is on, so i might struggle but if you can find a pub with SKY sports and ask them to open up the bar or find a hotel with SKY, then i think it is being played lve on sky sports 2. check out their websites. There is a 90mn recap on eurosport the next day but clearly not the same. Hope you guys find a solution as do i...worst comes to worst, get updates on the internet over some breakfast beers!! cheers

ballarat
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AFL Grand Final telecast

his is a link to an Irish pub in rome that will be showing the game if your desperate.

scholarsloungerome.com/live-sports-coverage

This pub in Florence says they telecast all sports may be worth contacting

http://www.finneganpub.com/

always travel in September as i follow Richmond

Allan

Melbourne
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: AFL Grand Final telecast

Hey,

Hope this helps, i was just looking up for my friend where to go as she is in Florence as well. FOund a place that will be showing it!!!

Details below:

Florence, Italy

Saturday, September 27, doors open 5.30am, game from about 6.15

Red Garter

Via die Benci 33 - 35R (Near Piazza Santa Croce) Entry 5 Euro

Enjoy the game!!!

Geelong, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: AFL Grand Final telecast

Emma, thanks heaps. Hope you are correct. I have also heard this elsewhere so sounds promising.

Go Cats

Bernie

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: AFL Grand Final telecast

I am also in Florence and looking for somewhere to watch the game. It´s not showing at the Red Garter (I went in to ask last night - they said it´s too early). They suggested I go to the Fiddler´s Elbow. I did and they're not showing it either. Seems like there isn´t anywhere in Florence to watch it.

Scholars Lounge in Rome is showing it.

Aussie in Europe
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: AFL Grand Final telecast

I have been asking around all day and got nothing so far... The Red Garter played it last year (27th Sat) but not this year (26th Sat)... Finnegans cant even show the replay because it is on ESPN this year not Sky!

Looking like its gonna have to be a live stream on the laptop if anyone is staying at Plus Florence hostel?.. we could try and plug a computer into one of their Plasma TVs! Or it is the 36euro return train to Rome.

Sorry TopCat all the best!

Mentioned in this post
Plus Florence
Plus Florence
2,665 Reviews
Florence, Italy
7. Re: AFL Grand Final telecast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 04:17