We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
4 posts
Save Topic
Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

I am having a small wedding (sans wedding planner) this year in Chianti and was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I could get my dress steamed our pressed. I am staying in the town of San Polo.

Thank you!

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

As the place where you are staying. they will know for sure.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,304 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

San Polo in Chianti? There are several pressing places in Greve including a good one on via di Roma, just off the main piazza. Ask at your accommodation if there's a place in Strada.

Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

Hi,

When are you getting married, we are also having a small wedding in June this year and staying a few km out of Figline Valdarno, I think our road leads to San Polo so it is probably close! The lady we are renting our villa from is helping with all the arrangements, and we are trying to keep things as low key as possible. Would love to hear from you

Regards

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

Hello, I have decided to post my question in this thread, rather than start a new one. I am going to a wedding in south Italy in July, and want to get a suit made for it in Florence. Can anyone recommend a good tailor from personal experience, and how much time should I allow for it to be made?

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

The times for having a suit made by a tailor are quite long, up to 4 weeks. You would be better off by going to a boutique selling their own suits that only need some minor adjustments and you might still need a week or two.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

That sounds like good advice! I might have a look around now, with the sales on...

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

I would try the outlet just outside Florence. Great brands for much less. Or some larger group like Magnani Sposa in San Miniato. http://www.magnanisposa.it/

8. Re: Wedding Dress Pressed or Steamed in Tuscany?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2010, 07:17