We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

Due to the weekly postings asking about the purchase of Uffizi (and Academia) tickets online, I'm posting this information here and under the "Florence FAQs".

There is only one OFFICIAL uffizi ticket buying website. It is:

www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/Uffizi/default.aspx

This is run in partnership with Firenze Musei (http://www.firenzemusei.it), with whom you can also book by telephone (+39 (0)55 294883.

Any other website charges a booking fee and is not the official site.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,113 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

Agreed, but it has a certain logic to think that a site calling itself www.uffizi.firenze.it or www.uffizi.com might actually belong to the museum. Someone was very lax at claiming the domain name. In fact the real site doesn't even come up on the first page of Google. No wonder there is confusion.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

It is imprtant to know a few more facts if this is going to be posted permanently

1. There is also a phone service - ++39-055-294883. The upsides are they ahve all the available slots, and not just some, like the website, that the operators speak good English, you don't have to leave your credit card details, and you pay when you visit the museum. You MUST keep the reservation number they give you on the phone. As per the only downside (the phone expenses) - see 2.

2. If your hotel is willing to extend this service on a complimentary basis (and many do) the best booking method is having your hotel book for you. They will simply make the phone call for you and give you the reservation number.

3. The details given above are not only good for the Uffizi but for the Accademia and also other museums which nowadays do not need advanced booking - such as the Bargello, the Medici Chapels, the Pitti complex and more.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
97 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

If I book by phone for the Academia and Uffizi am I still able to avoid the queue when I arrive to visit. I think there is a booking fee for each gallery even if I book two together. Is that right? Also can you give me an idea as to how long I shall need in each gallery? I know that depends on the visitor, but I would like to see the important parts of these galleries but have alot to fit in in a long weekend! Thank you for your help and advice.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

If you book by phone, you get onto the much shorter queue for pre-booked tickets. There is a separate booking fee for each gallery. I think we spent about three hours in Uffizi and one in Accademia.

Edited: 13 December 2009, 22:13
Nottingham
Level Contributor
97 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

Thank you. That's really helpful. I am looking forward to it immensely.

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

Thanks anon for clarifying this. I was refering only to the website, but of course the phone number is important. The downside of the phone service is that the line is often busy, you are on hold for a long time, and it has weekday work-day opening hours, so if you're on the west coast of the states, you will never find the right time to phone.

Lynnb48, sadly, Italian institutions have been very lax in claiming domain names, and in providing full information about museums online; some companies have taken advantage of this and created credible ticket sale sites. It is indeed easy to be fooled by them, which is why I hope to at least help the TA community by posting about the "real" official site.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
97 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

I have tried to book on the website and it seems rather complicated. It was asking if I wanted an invoice and did not seem to have space for credit card details. Can you help?

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

i'm afraid that i cannot help; i have never gone through the whole process myself because I live here and just walk over and go in ;-). As you're not too many time zones away, maybe try phoning that number that anon gave?

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

You sure you tried the right site? I have purchased there a few times and do not remember encountering any hassle. I even tried now and everything seems to me straight forward. You have to register in advance though.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
97 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Official Uffizi ticket purchase website (once and for all)

thanks. I have succeeded. I think it was because i had not registered. Very straightforward!