We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Croce in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montville, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Croce in Florence

I will be going to Florence in April 2010. Does anyone know if Santa Croce Church and the Science Museum are undergoing restoration? Will I be able to get into these sights or should I forego them?

Thank you

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Croce in Florence

Seem to recall there was a post several days ago that Santa Croce was under restoration.

Know its of no help, but 2 years ago the outside was (had to go thru scaffolding to enter) same with the Science Museum.

Try the search bar above and google?

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Croce in Florence

According to its website, the Science Museum's refurbishment will be completed during spring 2010. Sorry, I couldn't find a more precise date. As per Santa Croce , I don't know.

Edited: 07 February 2010, 18:34
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Croce in Florence

Try emailing your hotel and have them ascertain whether it is closed.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,501 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Croce in Florence

We were at Santa Croce in October, 09 - there was a great deal of inside restoration work going on. In my opinion it destroyed the effect that one expects from a visit. Certainly if you have been there before, you will be disappointed by returning anytime soon. If you have not been there before, then perhaps go, but try to use your imagination.

Driffield, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Croce in Florence

Hi, we visited Santa Croce last week. There was still quite a bit of renovation going on, two major lots of indoor scaffolding which was very noisy. My major disappointment was that you couldn't see the Giotto frescoes. In saying that there is still a lot to see and the museum did have the best touch screen audio visual display that I've seen.

Mmmmm what am I saying? I'm not saying in was a bad experience by any means but it was probably the "least best" of the places we visited in the city.

I hope this helps.

6. Re: Santa Croce in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 05:16