We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

I want to know if anybody ran in to this type of dispute. It's too early to say but I think I will run into this problem with my booking on b-ticket official site for Accedemia and Uffizi.

Here is what happened. I tried to book Accedemia and Uffizie together and the last page came in Italian. No icon on top to flip to English and I backed out. At that point I never entered my visa info. But then the site won't let me sign in again So, I had my daughter register on the site and book but last screen came in Italian again.We figured and entered the visa info and submit the request. It would not go any further and kept on sending us back to the shopping cart screen. It was very clear the transaction did not go through and no confirmation was sent. Then I thought may be we are making the mistake of booking two galleries at the same time. So I tried to sign in under my email this time and picked only one gallery. No problem, I went to the last screen same italian screen for visa info. Then further screen came which I could make out is saying it's booked (this screen never came when we were trying the two galleries under my daughter) I also received an email right away. The time I picked was 12:00 and it came in at 1:00. So, I was trying to resolve this issue and they sent me an email saying no problem they will change the time. The next email come your booking is now at @ 2:05. Go figure.To make things worse yesterday the charges appeared on my visa for the two galleries which we were trying to book under my daughter.No confimation was received for this one like I did for the single gallery. I called visa and asked to dispute it and made the mistake of sending email to b-ticket that they had charged me twice and I was disputing it. Now, after 6 days at 4:00 am my daugter received an email confirmation for the booking for the two galleries. Very interesting. I called visa they told me that the company was contacted yesterday since then they sneaked this email to make the charges ligit. This will make it hard to dispute. Today, I sent an email to the b-ticket and asked them if they will cancel the Accedemia booking which is done on wrong time then I will not dispute the other which is for both Accedemia and Uffizie. I was going to book Uffizie anyway but not on the internet. So now I have paid for Accedemia twice. All of a sudden now they stopped responding to my emails. Before I kept on getting responses next day with nothing resolved though. What a nightmare. So if anyone have any knowledge or contact information to resolve this issue.Since the booking is attached to my name It will be hard to resell it on my own. But it sucks if after taking all the precautions I still have to pay twice. Unfortunatley there is no phone number to call them there is only fax number. Please help.

Thanks

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

Sounds like you've tried all options. So take your paperwork with you and talk direct to the office. Good luck.

toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

The probem is there is no foffice. I called twice the phone number for booking the galleries and they told me they can't change or do anything with the internet bookings.

Edited: 17 April 2010, 12:01
toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

Three days gone by but no response from b-ticket. I even typed and faxed this problem to B-ticket fax number but no response.I guess, I was getting responses only until they did not get the payment. Only for this trip I have used my visa online and I will never do it again. Any other bookings for Venice, Milan attractions, I had no problem. I called 39-055294883 but they don't deal with internet bookings. Now I wonder how much my phone bill is going to be. Later I found out that my hotel in Florence could have reserved the spots for me and I could pay in cash at the gallery. Or samething I could have done by calling the above number.

My advice.........Email your hotel to have the spots held for you or call the above number to reserve but don't use b-ticket offical site to book if you don't want the stress and double payment. And by doing so you are not stuck, if you don't show up they will sell your spot to the people in line.

I learnt the hard way, I wish I had known better. But I want the others to learn from my mistake.

Ciao

Edited: 17 April 2010, 13:00
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

If you have an extra accademia booking, why not get to the gallery a little ahead of time and ask someone at the end of the line for non-reserved tickets if they want your extra ticket? Someone, I'm sure, will be thrilled to pay the extra 4 euro to skip the line with you. You just need to go up to the ticket counter together, and that way you won't have wasted your money or that ticket...

toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

That is a good idea, I'm just wondering if that day if will be that busy. Secondly one booking is at 12:30 paid together with the 4:15 for Uffizi booking. The other one is for only Accedemia which is at 1:00. I would prefer to use the 12:30 to have enough time in between and also if I'm going to end up paying for both transactions then I'm better of using this booking. Because I have paid $117.99 for both. And, if I do so then I won't be there at 1:00 to sell the other. Or per say if I use 1:00 single booking which only costed my $59 and use the partial from the other for Uffizi., then I'm losing my chance of having VISA dispute it for me for the $117.99 transaction. I like what you have suggested. I guess I will try to sell the 12:30 if I could then use the other two. I know my kids are going to say what the h..k is mom doing.

Thanks

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

I think you'll be ok with either the 12:30 or 1pm booking, the Accademia is small and you will have plenty of time to get through it and get to the Uffizi for your next booking. If you prefer the 12.30pm one, you could still try to sell the 1pm booking to someone - they will still be in line I'm sure!

Vancouver
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

I am running into the same problem right now with B-ticket. I was charged 5 times on my Visa and once on my American Express trying to make reservation (total of 250 Euros). I entered my credit card info and clicked send. The website kept directing me to an Error Message. It has been two days and I have not received any confirmation regarding any of my attempts to reserve ticket.

I e-mailed B-ticket. It has been two days and I have not gotten any response. My credit card company will not dispute this unless B-ticket responds.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

Northern lights, you may find the first posts in this thread very helpful as it seems to be a similar problem. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187895-i68-k37110…

Turin
Level Contributor
6,677 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

Hope this helps: the company that manages b-ticket is Bassilichi ltd., telephone +39 055 42281 .

Sherry Hill, NJ
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Charged twice by b-ticket for gallery booking

I am having a slightly different problem. I can't get to a page to enter my credit card info. My basket has the tickets I want. When I click to complete the order it asks for my sign in. When I complete that, it brings me back to the basket. Around and around we go between these 2 pages without ever getting to a credit card screen.

Ken