We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uffizi Gallery

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Uffizi Gallery

How do I call directly to pre-purchase tickets to the Uffizi Gallery? What is the price of a ticket?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,663 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uffizi Gallery

The official web site is www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx or you can phone +39 05 529 4883

The normal price is €6.50 plus a reservation fee of €4. It can be more if there is a special exhibition on.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uffizi Gallery

On the upper right hand corner of the forum page you'll see "Top Questions about Florence" and *the* top question is your very same question... :)

...Just to add to sydneynick's post: until October 17th 2010 the Caravaggio exhibition is on at the Uffizi which means the cost of the museum ticket at least until that date is 10 euro instead of 6.50.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uffizi Gallery

I tried calling from the States twice. After being on hold for 10 minutes, then given a message that "all lines are busy, please try again later", I finally caved in and booked online. However, that means you won't be able to book a morning slot as the website openings are only shown from noon on.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uffizi Gallery

tptr, the website shows considerably less time slots than are actually available, which is why it is always a very good idea to call instead (especially if you want a particular time).

Remember when calling from overseas to phone during Italian work hours!! I would highly recommend avoiding phoning during lunch hours when the phones are busiest. I never have problems phoning in the morning or in the late afternoon - almost always get someone right away!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uffizi Gallery

Hi there

I've just tried the number (that the gentleman from Oz supplied) to book tickets and its just an information line I tried both options. Do you have a number for bookings pleasseeeeee? I've looked everywhere to try and purchase morning tickets but to no avail?

many thanks in advance

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uffizi Gallery

The gallery is closed on a Monday, so maybe the reservations office is also closed. Try tomorrow morning - I had no trouble booking tickets using that number.

Good luck!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Uffizi Gallery

If you just tried it, you did so after 7 pm, when the offices are closed.

Try tomorrow during local office hours, say, between 9 am and 5 pm, Florence time.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,502 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uffizi Gallery

I must confirm, I have never had any trouble reaching them during their regular working hours.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uffizi Gallery

I called them at 7AM Pacific time. Pressed 2 for English, then 1 (I think) for reservations. Someone picked up immediately. I had my tkts booked and a rez # in less than 2 minutes. Couldn't have been more painless!!

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uffizi Gallery

Well yes,

I don't think I'm that mentally challenged, and I definitely called during working hours. (Twice, and timing well spaced, and not on Monday) I'm not the first who has had this problem according to some previous threads, but they were from some time back.

However it's no problem, and we can make the time slots work for us. The website booking works well, but I don't get the inability to offer the morning time slots for online booking.

<<<tptr, the website shows considerably less time slots than are actually available, which is why it is always a very good idea to call instead (especially if you want a particular time).

Remember when calling from overseas to phone during Italian work hours!! I would highly recommend avoiding phoning during lunch hours when the phones are busiest. I never have problems phoning in the morning or in the late afternoon - almost always get someone right away!>>>