We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

Hi, We'll be staying in Florence for the first week of November. It sounds like we should reserve tickets to visit the Ufizi and Accademia, but do we need to reserve or pre-book tickets to see other museums and galleries in Florence at that time of year or just buy them there?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,370 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

No need to reserve or pre-book any other museums. When it comes to pre-booking Uffizi and Accademia, do book by phone if you can (I know this could be difficult as you are in Australia) as they do seem to be having regular problems with the on-line booking procedure.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,916 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

It's not that expensive to make a short call from Australia to Italy. Call 0011 39 05 529 4883 during Italian office hours. The agents speak English and it's a quick process.

Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

To make reservation I strongly urge you to use the phone, not the online website. Numerous TA posters have had difficulty with the website and have ended up being charged in advance for their tickets which they never received.

hartford, ct
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

Last October we were able to get into the Accademia- first time in the morning waiting in line for about 20 mins without pre-booking.

Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

Thanks - I think we'll book in advance for Uffizi and Academia by phone.

florence
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

November is a quiet month, no need to book any museum actually. You would save around 5 euros per ticket.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

I would recommend you to prebook the tixs. Those two musuems are always packed. Sometime there's even a line just to pick up the tix you reserved. I used below website to pre book mine when I was there in June.

uffizi.com/online-ticket-booking-uffizi-gall…

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,370 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

The safest thing to do is pre-book by phone. You get a reservation number, but don't actually pay anything until you arrive. If you are lucky and there is no long queue in the ordinary line, you can simply join this and buy an entrance ticket and save the 4 euro booking fee. If, as is usually the case, there is a long line, you will be happy to use your reservation, pay the extra 4 euros and skip the queue.

florence
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

Very smart, that is the best thing to do.

Anyway, I am a licensed tour guide in Florence, November is really a slow month for tourism, museums aren't that full at all.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pre-booking tickets to museums and galleries

Sorry for getting to this so late, but I do agree that in November you'll find the Accademia quite quiet - you probably don't need to book. For the Uffizi depending on the time of day you want to visit you may find it slightly more crowded (but nothing like what you'd expect the rest of the year!) - going early in the morning and late in the afternoon you'll find it quiet enough to just line up normally, go straight in, and save yourself the 4 euro booking fee.