We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with apartment in Florence

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
help with apartment in Florence

We are planning to visit Florence in December 27-Jan 3rd. This is our first trip to Italy. We need help finding an apartment for 6 six people. Help Please?

farmington Hills MI
Level Contributor
686 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with apartment in Florence

You could try the Palazzo Alfani. They are lovely apartments. We stayed there for five nights last May. Check out their website at: www.palazzoalfani.com

Their largest apt. (I think the San Giovanni) sleeps up to eight people and the pics of this is on their website.

It is listed under B and B on TA even though a self catering apt and they get excellent reviews if you want to check them out.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with apartment in Florence

vrbo.com has some 3 bdrm apartments available in Florence

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with apartment in Florence

6 adults or are there some kids in the mix? For a really excellent location, this is a great apartment, but the kids would be on the couch bed: palazzouguccioni.com/apartments/fantasia.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with apartment in Florence

I am travelling in May 2011 but there is only 2 of us and would like to know if it would be better to use an appartment for 4 days or a hotel. I assume that the hotel would be more expensive however i have not done the research on it yet. Any advice would be great.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with apartment in Florence

Hotel or apt. is really personal choice. With most hotels you may get a continental breakfast included, and with the apt. you don't. But you do get a place to possible cook some light meals or your own breakfast, which can save a ton of money if that is what you are trying to do.

And with the hotel you get your bed made, etc.

farmington Hills MI
Level Contributor
686 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with apartment in Florence

It really depends on your comfort level. The cost and amenities depends on the specific hotel and apartment. For our stay in Florence we used a self-catering apartment. This one did not require a deposit nor payment up front.

It did not include breakfast,but that was fine, since there was a store close by where we purchased items that we liked. The apt had a small kitchen with a full sized refrigerator which was nice as we could use it for snacks. One would have the option of cooking if wanted.

This particular place included housekeeping daily, but some apts do not.

We also stayed at B and B's during our trip to Italy, and although very nice, we decided that the apt was our favorite accommodation. We had two large rooms and it was nice to be able to spread out for the same cost as the b and b's.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
552 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help with apartment in Florence

Aug 2010 we rented a flat from Vrbo.com/9714.

Plenty of space for 8 of us, cleaned and comfortable. Cannot beat the location, everything is within walking distance. The price is also very affordable, 160 euro per day plus 50 euro for one time cleaning fee. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Florence.

Albi

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help with apartment in Florence

I'd also recommend Palazzo Uguccioni - lovely, elegant, and great location (Piazza Signoria!). There's a lift too, which is often hard to find in the historical centre!

Edited: 30 September 2010, 09:38
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help with apartment in Florence

Thanks for your advice. I am going to research B&B's. I don't want to make my bed....

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help with apartment in Florence

Have a look at these B&Bs then:

http://www.letrestanze.it/home.html

casadeitintori.it/en/storia_e_curiosita.php

http://www.casaleopardifirenze.it/en/