We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uffizi -re-entry?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
290 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Uffizi -re-entry?

I'm trying to plan my itinerary for Florence. Can anyone tell me if you are permitted to re-enter the Uffizi same day on same ticket? I haven't seen any information about this on the websites. Thanks.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uffizi -re-entry?

I don't believe you would be. Once you are out you would have to get back in line. If you have a reservation it's for "an assigned time"

They closely monitor how many people are allowed in and allowing "returns" would disrupt that process.

Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uffizi -re-entry?

I don't know for certain, but I can't imagine you would be able to re-enter.

However, you can take breaks and sit in the restaurant with a great view and high prices or also buy a snack drink and still sit/stand on the terrace for less but without the table! It's seperated but the view and the fresh air is the same. For me it was a lovely respite after hour 2 in the "rooms" and when I still couldn't bring myself to leave the museum:-)

I have to I chose the table:-)

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uffizi -re-entry?

You can only re-enter the Uffizi if you have a Friends of the Uffizi card, not jsut a regular ticket. Friends of the Uffizi card only make sense if you are visiting a lot of museums in Florence.

Are you asking this question on all the Forums? I have never seen a musems in italy where this was allowed. The entrance ticket top the Colosseum/Forum in Rome is good for 2 days, That is only ticket I know like that that allows in and out.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Uffizi -re-entry?

And even the Forum/Colosseum/Palatine ticket only allows *one* entry each. Forum and Palatine are interconnected, so you could theoretically go to both twice, using different entrances.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uffizi -re-entry?

No you cannot re-enter the Uffizi once you've exited, though you may be able to enter the bookshop (depending on who's at the exit...) if it was just because you forgot to buy postcards - though you cannot get back into the museum from here anyway.

6. Re: Uffizi -re-entry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 05:17