We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

If you are familiar with the approximate cost for a woman's leather jacket (the buttery soft kind, tailored kind) I would really appreciate the info.

Need to decide on one I found at Nordstrom on sale for less than $400 (Cole Haan but made in China) or wait till I get to Florence in March - I know I will pay more, just wondering approximately how much more.

Thanks very much.

61 replies to this topic
Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Naperville
Level Contributor
932 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

The leather school was a little rich for my budget but there are some nice shops in the area around Santa Croce. I have bought two jackets on separate trips to Florence. Both were under 250 E. They are both unique in their designs, something you won't find in the US. One has a collar and cuffs in a contrasting color, the other has a hood that is lined in a beautiful print. These are jackets I have never seen the likes of here in the US and I get compliments all the time. Oh, and the leather is very nice too.

32. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 August 2012, 18:35

33. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 August 2012, 18:35

34. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 12:35

35. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 09:35

Lennox Head...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

Hi. I was just in Florence for a couple of weeks and the prices vary. The markets are mostly rubbish leathers even though they may look good sometimes. You get what you pay for. You can get a decent good quality jacket for anywhere between 350-700 euro or a market jacket for as low as 150euro. Just have a good look around if you have time.

37. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 13:35

Lennox Head...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

It really depends on where you are buying it. But you do get what you pay for. I bought one last year in Florence for 340 euro but it's beautiful quality and style. You can get them way cheaper at the markets but the leather is not the best quality and the styles are ordinary. Iabout 150-200 euro at markets. Not sure where you are buying it. Hope that helps.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,139 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

Who are you talking to? The OP posted 3 years ago and the most recent post was a year and a half ago.

Lennox Head...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?

This whole post is obviously outdated Tripadvisor. What gives???@

Reply to: Approximate Cost for Leather Jacket?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted