We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hingham
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

I am finalizing our itinerary in Florence and would appreciate some help -

Wednesday - We arrive in Florence at 9:30 AM after a long flight from the US. Since we do not want to waste the day, I wanted to plan on a 2-3 hour guided tour starting around 1 or 2. Can we expect to have arrived at the hotel to store luggage and eaten lunch by this time? Our group is 3 adults/2 "teens" - ages 12 and 17 plus daughter studying in Florence who will probably not join us for this tour. I have read about the different tours and then went back to book the Art Viva Original Florence walk and discovered it is only held at 9:1AM. Any suggestions for other similar tours later in the day? None of us are particularly educated on art or architecture and with two teens we want something that will be fun and lively. Hoped to include Duomo, Sante Croce, the Market, SMN

Thurs - booked 10AM Uffizi Gallery, allowed time for lunch and wandering, 2:30 Accademia, maybe include Galileo Science Museum (need to dbl check where this is), cross Ponte Vecchio, Boboli Gardens and considering a pizza and gelato cooking class on this side of the Arno (In Tavola)

Friday - wanted to do Tuscany tour. Our preferred private tour guide is not available on Friday. Cost was going to be 75 EUR per person which was within our budget (450 EURO total for 6). A private tour would have allowed us to tailor our trip to our specific family interests. Did not want a tour to focus too much on wine tasting. Most of the highly recommended tours on TA are out of our budget (140 EUR pp for Best of Tuscany for example). Any other suggestions within our budget and interests? Again I want to be sure that the tour is a good balance for everyone, i.e. entertaining for my 2 children. Had not decided on a specific itinerary was thinking of Pisa and Lucca and spending about 8 hours. Maybe renting bikes in Lucca.

Saturday - Visit Piazzale Michelangelo in the AM. Had read that Sienna is magical at night so was thinking about doing a separate 1/2 day afternoon trip to Sienna by train on our own to be able to enjoy dinner there. Is it a mistake not to make Sienna our destination for our guided Tuscany tour? Also wanted to visit San Gimiganano

Sunday - AM leave for Rome

Will appreciate any input! We planned this trip rather late after we decided to visit our daughter who is studying in Florence. I am running out of time to get all the details planned - we leave in 3 weeks. Flight/Hotels booked at least. I am relying heavily on TA for my info in addition to my Rick Steves book. We are also visiting Rome and Venice.

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
46 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

I believe the Best of Tuscany tour is 80 Euro per person, not 140. Where did you get the 140 price?

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
46 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

Also, the Galileo museum is very close to the Uffizi Gallery but not so close to the Academia.

Hingham
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

I was referring to the Art Viva Best of Tuscany Tour quoted on their website as 140 EUR pp.

los angeles
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

Hi,check better TA many private tour guide or driver can take you around Toscany and could be more easy make atour with yours suggestion idea.looking for this guys he's price it's for hour nor for prson guidedtours@libero.it good luck and enjoy Toscany

cape cod ma
Level Contributor
367 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

HI check out the accidental tourist for a variety of tuscan tours. We're doing a 1/2 day cooking class but they do offer others, and seem to be very affordable. Maybe just take the train to Lucca on you own?

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

Check out "The Best of Tuscany Tour" by walkaboutpass-its a 80EUR bus tour (75 E for students). Sienna in the morning and ends with Pisa. Its highly rated here by TAs. Check the left toolbar for "Things to DO".

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
46 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

Anyone have any comments about how the two different "Best of Tuscany" tours compare to one another - i.e., the Art Viva one versus the Walkabout Tours one??? I realize that the itineraries are somewhat different and one is a much larger group than the other, but which is more satisfying overall?

palm coast, fl
Level Contributor
451 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

Would you share the name and contact info of your favorite private tour guide? We are looking for someone to use when we get to Florence in October. Thanks.

palm coast, fl
Level Contributor
451 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

Would you share the name and contact info of your favorite private tour guide? We are looking for someone to use when we get to Florence in October. Thanks.

10. Re: Guided Tours Florence/Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 12:17