We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tours in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tours in Florence

Can anyone recommend some good (English) walking tours in Florence? Thanks

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
426 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tours in Florence

Context and ArtViva. You can read about them if you do a search in the upper left.

Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tours in Florence

Thanks!

3. Re: Walking tours in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 13:31
Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tours in Florence

I think Freya must have trained/worked with Artviva. On old post it says that she worked for them?

5. Re: Walking tours in Florence

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 May 2011, 00:35
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
70 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking tours in Florence

Caftours.com the oldest and most reliable incoming service in Florence. They were well-known long before internet came along. Their website is a bit too busy but the range of their excursions is pretty wide.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking tours in Florence

we were not happy with caftours

the tour portion was okay but they wasted so much of our time otherwise

they are cheap compared to most of the others

if you have extra time to stand and wait, it could work for you

8. Re: Walking tours in Florence

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 22:18
Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking tours in Florence

Yes, Foulard, I've noticed that, too........and Cybele is always extolling the virtues of Freya!

Personally, I can't see why you would need a guide to walk you through the city, just do your homework, be armed with a decent guidebook and enjoy everything at your own pace.........and don't be afraid of getting a bit lost - there are interesting things to discover around almost every corner.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking tours in Florence

Yes, Foulard, he is. He turned a great vacation in Florence into an enriching experience that we won't forget. I think someone capable of that is worth extolling.

Ladybracknell, I don't want to imagine what it is you're trying to get at. If I give it any thought I could even be offended, and I don't want to ruin my Sunday. That said, it doesn't really matter that you can't see why anyone would need a guide as that was not the OP's question. The person was asking for a good walking tour in English. I provided my advice. Am I wrong or isn't that what this forum is about?