We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PNB Paribas Bank Machine Near Duomo

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
262 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
PNB Paribas Bank Machine Near Duomo

Does anyone know where I will be able to find a PNB Paribas Bank Machine near the Duomo? Apparently, my Canadian Bank has an arrangement with them so that their account holders don’t pay transaction fees in Italy, and vice versa for Italians coming to Canada. I checked their website, and had no luck.

United States
Level Contributor
9,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PNB Paribas Bank Machine Near Duomo

Did you look here?

www.bnpparibas.it/en/locations/agencies.asp

They have locations for Florence, MIlan, an Rome listed complete with maps of the locations.

TAB

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PNB Paribas Bank Machine Near Duomo

Wow,

Is it really worth the hassle of tracking down these (few) bank machine locations to save the transaction fee?

add it on to your vacation fund...............

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PNB Paribas Bank Machine Near Duomo

We live in Toronto. Frankly, I would be more concerned about finding a banking machine with the PLUS symbol. In Florence Banca Toscana has it - we used the machine at the Bank located on the Ponte Vecchio. It is strange, in some out of the way places we had no difficulty whatsoever - in others - almost impossible. Most banks have the Cirrus symbon (maybe for Americans?). My husband had a meeting last year in Mainz, Germany. Many stores, restaurants etc. did not take credit cards - and these were places that normally would - so cash was hit hard. I spent a day looking for an ATM that had the PLUS symbol. A lovely bank teller at Deutsche Bank asked me to let her know if I was successful in finding one because many Cdns. came in with the same question/problem - which I did. Also, our TD accounts allow us to take funds from 2 different accounts - each with the allowable weekly maximum. In Europe we were only ever offered access to one account - and one maximum - which when converted to Euros significantly reduced the amount we could take out. I always make sure I keep enough cash on hand in case I need to see a doctor - it has happened to me and I needed 130 euros in cash - note a doctor - not going to the hospital. So I wouldn't worry so much about the bank fees - more about finding the PLUS symbol. I was able to use my 6 digit PIN - other people have had trouble - needed a 4 digit pin.

United States
Level Contributor
9,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PNB Paribas Bank Machine Near Duomo

Plus is for Visa branded cards and Cirrus is for Mastercard branded cards. However my CU Visa has a Cirrus logo on it and my Capitalone Mastercard has no logo on it. Cirrus has nothing to do with US exclusivity.

TAB

Edited: 15 May 2011, 17:48
Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
262 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PNB Paribas Bank Machine Near Duomo

Anne - Are you referring to a debit card or credit card? I was hoping to use my debit card.

6. Re: PNB Paribas Bank Machine Near Duomo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 09:20