We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tuscany in the rain

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
tuscany in the rain

Planning a day tour to Tuscany this week, but the weather is rain, rain, and more rain. So disappointing. Was wndering if I should just skip it, and just do a train to Pisa on my own instead. Any thoughts?

Thanks, T

Edited: 05 June 2011, 03:48
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,765 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tuscany in the rain

People are always surprised that it rains as much as it does here; it can rain for weeks on end from Oct thru' April so I guess locals get used to it. Don't let the weather put you off, still come though plan even more indoor activities such as galleries and church visits. Umbrellas can be a nuisance on narrow lanes so a waterproof mac with a hood is usually best plus waterproof shoes.

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tuscany in the rain

Actually what usually happens is that it's very sunny in the morning, it rains for a few hours in the afternoon and it's cool in the evening. The worst should be over though, and from Wednesday the weather should get back to sunny June.

3. Re: tuscany in the rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 20:16