We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pitti Gola

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Pitti Gola

I've read some really positive comments about Pitti Gola.

Is it open for lunch and dinner?

We'll have our two teens with us. Will they be allowed since it's a wine bar?

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pitti Gola

It is a seriously good place for lunch or a light supper and, yes, of course teens will be allowed in; unless a nightclub, children of all ages are allowed into cafe/bars here. In fact, it's not uncommon to see very young Italian children being given a small glass of wine (sometimes watered down) with their meal in restaurants.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pitti Gola

You'll all enjoy it! Sit outside with a glass of wine and some delicious snacks or lunch, right across from Palazzo Pitti! Great for people watching too.

Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pitti Gola

I'm really looking forward to our upcoming trip to Florence and I'm glad to hear we'll be able to enjoy Pitti Gola because it sounds like a real gem!

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,100 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pitti Gola

Probably a good idea to book. It is pretty small and very popular.

Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pitti Gola

Thanks for the tip, Pericoloso.

What's the best source for restaurant phone numbers -- the phone book in our apartment room once we arrive?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pitti Gola

Google is your friend!

The number for Pitti Gola is 055-212-704. They do take reservations but keep in mind, this is an enoteca, not a restaurant. They serve light snacks but not full meals.

Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pitti Gola

Unfortunately my Italian is limited to what I can find in the common phrases English-Italian survival book.

Would the staff at Pitti Gola speak English if I phoned to make a reservation?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pitti Gola

Absolutely no problem!

9. Re: Pitti Gola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 00:17