We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa to Florence?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pisa to Florence?

Hi

Myself and my wife are visiting Florence in a few days. We are flying into Pisa and have a hotel booked in Florence. We are arriving at 9.30 am. I have a few questions in regards to transport from Pisa to Florence.

How far is Pisa from Florence?

How much would a taxi cost from pisa to Florence?

How much would a train or coach cost?

Is it easy to get the coach or train from pisa to Florence?

Where would I go after arriving in Pisa to get the train or Coach to Pisa?

Would I have to pre book a coach or train?

Help on any of these questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,128 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa to Florence?

It is about 100 km (60 miles) from Pisa to Florence, so a taxi would cost maybe €200 (you would have to pay for it to return to Pisa).

There are trains from Pisa Airport direct to Florence every two hours (09.03, 11.03, etc) costing €5.90. There is also a more frequent service by taking a train from Pisa Airport to Pisa Central and catching a train to Florence there.

At Pisa Airport, just follow the signs to the trains and buy your tickets. There are no seat reservations on these trains and tickets cannot sell out. Before you get on the train, time-stamp your tickets in a yellow machine at the station.

UK
Level Contributor
378 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa to Florence?

Taxi from Pisa airport to Florence will cost about 250 euros (this is what it cost 2 years ago), the train, as sydneynick says, is 5.90 euros and the bus is about the same price.

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa to Florence?

Sydneynick has explained how to take the train from Pisa Airport to Florence, but here's a link that also deals with the topic -

pisa-airport.com/aeroporto_di_pisa_269.html

The station at the airport is directly outside the terminal, at the left hand end as you face the exit, and on the same level.

If the train from the airport doesn't go through to Florence, you'll probably have to change platforms at Pisa Central. If you've got baggage, there's a lift at one end (if I recall correctly, it's at the back of the train as you arrive from the airport).

Edited: 18 July 2011, 13:21
Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisa to Florence?

All you need to know and more:

How to travel from Pisa to Florence... (and viceversa)

athomeintuscany.org/2011/…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pisa to Florence?

I'd recommend the train - it's so convenient with the station right outside the airport in Pisa.

We flew into Pisa on our way to Florence a couple of years ago. We took the train from Pisa airport to Pisa Centrale (don't forget to validate your tickets before getting on board). We then left our cases in left luggage at Pisa Centrale and walked into town to see the tower, cathedral, etc before returning to collect our luggage and catch the train to Florence.

Wales
Level Contributor
32 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pisa to Florence?

We always use the Terravision bus from Pisa to Florence - see

www.terravision.eu/florence_pisa.html

7. Re: Pisa to Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 10:15