We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest/most recommended way to visit Museums in Florence?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Haverford...
Level Contributor
11 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest/most recommended way to visit Museums in Florence?

I am trying to book reservations for Ufizzi, Academia and Pitti Palace In Florence, but the online prices are extremely expensive. I asked my hotel to do this, but according to them, the prices are high anyway due to special exhibits that are mandatory to pay for- 19 Euros a museum! They suggest the Florence Museum Pass- 55 Euros, which would allow entry to all museums over the course of 3 days. This is also quite pricey for 4 people each! Any suggestions as how to lessen this cost?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest/most recommended way to visit Museums in Florence?

I suspect your hotel is adding a surcharge. For the Uffizzi, it's 15 Euro including reservation fee. For the Accademia, it's also 15 Euro. For the Pitti, where you don't need a reservation, it's 13 Euro. Phone for Uffizi and Accademia reservations: 011 39 055 294 883. The Firenze Card costs 50 Euro if you buy it online.

Or, if you're eligible for it (two adults, two children under 18), buy an Amici degli Uffizi family membership for 100 Euro:

www.amicidegliuffizi.it/become_a_member.aspx

San Diego...
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest/most recommended way to visit Museums in Florence?

After reading the Amici degli Uffizi website, I'm still a little unclear. Would my wife and I -- no kids -- have to buy two adult passes or would the family one be available to us? We'd rather spend 100 than 60x2...

NY
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest/most recommended way to visit Museums in Florence?

There are some free days for state museums if your schedule permits, here is a list but you should double check this as well. I was there Heritage Days last year, for any place that needs reservations you would still make them, but I got a refund for the ticket price upon entering, except for the booking fee that was around 4 Euros.

Anyway, just an idea.

September 25th and 26th, European Heritage Days

Free entry for all

October 3rd, Paper Sundays

Free entry for all to state libraries and archives

November 20th, Museum in Music

Free concerts for all in over 150 museums

Monthly, Art Tuesdays

Free entry for all in the evenings

Every last Tuesday of the month

Edited: 07 September 2011, 16:40
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,217 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest/most recommended way to visit Museums in Florence?

As Zerlina says, if there are two adults and two children in the family, you are covered by one family membership for Amici degi Uffizi, which also allows you to by-pass queues/lines and go straight into the museum. If you are just two adults, you would still be eligible. You are also allowed to visit a museum as many times as you like and the pass is valid for the calendar year, so if you are in Florence for a week, say. You can use it for twice as long as the Florence Card. The Amici card doesn't cover as many places as the Florence Card, or public transport (which you don't need in Florence anyway), but all the 'stars' (Uffizi, Accademia, Bargello, Pitti Palace & Boboli Gardens, Medici Chapels, Museum of San Marco) are included. For two adults, it will be a big saving, for a family, which I surmise applies to Karen & Co, you will save 100€.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest/most recommended way to visit Museums in Florence?

We prebooked the Uffizi on their website and glad we did as we didn't have to wait in long queues to get in. Palazzo Pitti we just paid for on arrival. It was pretty quiet there in mid October.

6. Re: Cheapest/most recommended way to visit Museums in Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 21:17