We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Florence to Pisa on 11/15/11, nothing shows available?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train Florence to Pisa on 11/15/11, nothing shows available?

Does anyone know why all of the fares show as NA for the trains from Florence to Pisa on this date? This is the only leg I am having trouble with, no problem Venice to Florence, Pisa to Rome, but I just can't seem to get from Florence to Pisa.

Don't want to skip Pisa on our trip, but also want to secure the mini fares to save money. So should I just wait and see or just skip and go onto Rome?

Thanks for your assistance.

Susan

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Florence to Pisa on 11/15/11, nothing shows available?

This is a standard question on these forums. You are looking too far out.

Plug in a day next week (same day of the week you will eventually travel,) and the trains will show. Nothing will change drastically between now and November regarding train numbers and times. The fares will probably go up a bit before then.

tptr

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Florence to Pisa on 11/15/11, nothing shows available?

These are local (Regionale) trains. Fares for these trains are not shown more than 7 days ahead.

It is absolutely pointless booking these trains in advance. There are no seat reservations, so tickets cannot sell out, and there are no Mini fares. Just buy the tickets in Italy.

Before you get on the train, you must time-stamp the tickets in a yellow machine at the station, and they are then good for 6 hours.

The next timetable change will be on 12 December, and neither times nor costs will change before then.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Florence to Pisa on 11/15/11, nothing shows available?

The fare to Pisa is only 5.90 euro. As sydneynick says, just buy them once you are ready to board the train. Really important not to forget to validate these tickets in the little yellow boxes on the platforms that stamp the time and date!

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Florence to Pisa on 11/15/11, nothing shows available?

Thanks so much for all your help, now I will not feel like I am going to get stuck in Pisa and will book the other 3 tickets that I need.

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
5. Re: Train Florence to Pisa on 11/15/11, nothing shows available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 22:18