We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in italy

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dubai
2 posts
Save Topic
honeymoon in italy

we are planning our honeymoon in italy in november nearly 14 days.. we are really concerned about rain!!!we would love to visit florence and venice....what is the best plan? thank u

Italy
Level Contributor
160 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in italy

congratulation nado.....

November you can get rain.... but let me say that Italy is very charming as well even under the rain :-)

Then we have lot of museum....and in case you can plan your activities (given you want to visit those places) accordingly...if weather get wetty...you go indoor for some cultural visit or...you enjoy the warm of some local trattoria....

Florence and Venice are two "must seen" while in Italy....Venice is just unique (here if raining you could get high tide...that too is an experience!)

and i strongly recommend Rome as well that you can comfortably reach by train from florence.

Maybe tell us (particularly the expert) something more about your test and they can better advice you...

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in italy

Hello,

I live in Florence and, if you desire, I would be very happy to help you with the organization of your trip in Italy and in particular, in Tuscany.

In november you can get some rainy days but, believe me, it's better visiting Tuscany in Autumn than in summer, when it's too hot and impossibile to stay many hours outside under the sun! I think that you need a week to visit Tuscany: two days for Florence, one day Pise and Volterra, one day for Lucca, one day for Chiantishire and San Gimignano, one day for Montepulciano (where you can visit some amazing caves, tansting a wonderful wine), Pienza (where you can taste a very good cheese), Cortona and its ancient stores...there are so many towns and little medioeval villages to visit!

Let me know something else about your journey, I could help you in a better way! Best regards!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon in italy

Hi there

Last year we had 8 nights in Italy - not enough!!! We broke it up into 2 nights Sorrento - 2 nights Rome - 2 nights Florence and 2 nights Venice. For honeymooners, I would thoroughly recommend Sorrento - one of favourite places in the world. We drove for a lot of our trip last year which may not suit your needs but it was terrific fun!!

Congratulations.

Kind Regards

Merran

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon in italy

Some years it rains in November, some other years we get a dry month. Last year it rained a lot. But this year we are having a crazy hot September, so I expect the rainy month will be October this year.

Congratulations by the way!!!

Greve in Chianti...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon in italy

Congratulations on choosing Italy for the Honeymoon !

I have to correct Casina di Rosa- last year in November it didn't rain a lot...it rained EVERY DAY..or at least it did in Florence. I doubt it will be the same this year.

With regards to trip planning, get in contact with Sally at Slice of Tuscany. She does just this sort of thing.

www.sliceoftuscany.com

6. Re: honeymoon in italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:18