We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Sao Paulo, SP
3 posts
Save Topic
Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

BE AWARE OF www.firenzemusei.it. I’ve tried to purchase tickets for Uffizi Gallery and had a terrible experience. I tried 6 times and all attempts ended up with an error message when they tried to charge my credit card and the transaction failed. After the 6th attempt, I gave up. I didn’t receive any email confirmation. For my surprise, when a checked my credit cards statements, ALL 6 TRANSACTIONS WERE APPROVED! Now I have 6 charges in 4 different credit cards and NO TICKET!!!

I’ve tried to contact Bassilichi via emails help@bassilichi.it, helpdesk@bassilichi.it, info_firenzemusei@bassilichi.it, fax numbers +39 0554 14851 and +39 0577 578158 and even sending messages from their website http://www.bassilichi.it/english/contacts.php . They DO NOT ANSWER!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,037 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Contact your credit card companies and tell them what happened. You will probably have to file a dispute with them.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,599 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

This is precisely why we endlessly tell people to phone up and reserve tickets from the official number only. They have English speaking operators and just give you a reservation number, you don't pay anything until you arrive at the museum.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

Sao Paulo, SP
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Thanks peggypatch. Nice tip. I wish I've read this post before. I'm gonna do that.

Thanks MomCat1992. I'm gonna do that too. 4 credit cards!!! This is so annoying...

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,599 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

I hope you get your money back ok

Sao Paulo, SP
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

I was contacted by Bassilichi. They said the transactions were cancelled. Called my credit cards and they said the transacions are in a "ON HOLD" status. If not confirmed in 10 days by seller, they'll be automaticaly cancelled.

It seens everything is ok now. I'll update in case of changes.

Follow the peggypatch suggestion. Book by phone. Easy and cheaper...

Toronto
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Is this the same site as:

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/

as I was able to book the Accademia and Uffizi Gallery with no problem. I got this website from a Rick Steves' book. Mind you the website is very slow to change pages, you'll just have to wait so don't click too many times. And I don't think I was charged on my credit card, just given a reservation number to pick up and pay for my tickets there but I should know closer to the date as maybe they charge you just before.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Booking on-line means that your credit card was charged immediately.I don't think that you will pick up any tickets.Tickets should be sent by e-mail and you proceed directly to the entrance with.Maybe someone else can confirm for sure.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,599 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Yes, that is the same website and I'm sure lots of people don't have a problem, but anecdotal evidence from this forum shows that too many people, over a prolonged period, do have a problem and that is why we always recommend that people phone instead. Those who do book online through this website will have their credit cards charged, it is only those who book by phone who pay on arrival.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Call them to make a booking! I just tried to book online and failed. Then I googled around and found that you can phone them and book without paying anything! This means you don't have to pay the 4EUR booking fee. Just call +39-055-238-8612 and select 4, then wait in line for some time and a women who speaks English will ask you when you want to go and give you a reservation number, finito, basta, wonderful!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,418 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

>>This means you don't have to pay the 4EUR booking fee.<<

Actually, you do have to pay this fee. When you show up with your reservation number, you have to pay the admission charge plus the €4 booking fee.