We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prebooking tickets for museums & galleries for February

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
prebooking tickets for museums & galleries for February

I have read the forum about whether it is necessary to prebook Uffizi and Accademie tickets in November. Is it necessary to prebook tickets in February?

thanks for your advice

Jen

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,734 reviews
from US$113.20*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,321 reviews
from US$123.20*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,093 reviews
from US$113.20*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
301 reviews
from US$100.60*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prebooking tickets for museums & galleries for February

Phone to make a booking. You do not have to make any payment or quote a card number when you book. If there is no queue when you get to the Uffizi or Accademia, go to the ordinary ticket window and pay the lower price. The number from Australia is 0011 39 05 529 4883

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,318 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prebooking tickets for museums & galleries for February

I personally don't think so and often notice in mid-winter that the line at the Uffizi for reserved tickets is longer than the one for without reservations.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prebooking tickets for museums & galleries for February

I would always pre-book by phone just in case. When you turn up if the ordinary line is small just forget about the booking and join that line. If when you turn up there is a long line then join the reserved ticket line and you will happily pay the extra 4 euros to skip the queue. If you reserve by phone then you don't pay until you arrive, so it is perfectly possible to do the above and therefore cover all eventualities.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prebooking tickets for museums & galleries for February

To be on the safe side, I'd go along with what peggypatch suggests. You can get a sudden influx of people at any time.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
290 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prebooking tickets for museums & galleries for February

It depends of when you plan to be in Florence and for how long. I was there at the beginning of February and there were no lines anywhere. I left on February 13th and at that time I noticed a slight surge in visitors, especially groups.

6. Re: prebooking tickets for museums & galleries for February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:17