We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in april

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
honeymoon in april

hi there, myself and my wonderful new husband have booked our honeymoon for April, trying to do bit of homework before we go. we arrive in florence on the 11th april staying 4 nights only as we will have just left sorrento also for 4 nights.

we love our wine and food and are always on the look out for good bargain meal deals etc. im not tight with money by any standards but i do love to get a good deal and value for money.

would love recommendations of little pizzerias/restaurants that are low prices but great service and taste. also would love ideas of where to visit whilst we are there.

we are staying quite out the way so i am worried of location, nearby supermarket to buy wine for our balcony and restaurants. we are staying at villa olmi resort

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in april

bump

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in april

If you can't or won't buy a guidebook, at least look at the suggested itineraries here:

firenzeturismo.it/itineraries-in-florence.ht…

Frommer's and Fodor's also have online destination guides.

If you're staying at a five-star resort, I'm not sure why you're looking for bargain meals. There are restaurants and pizzerias in Bagno a Ripoli; I don't know how cheap or good they are. There's probably a supermarket as well.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon in april

yr reply is a bit rude i think.

just because ive booked a 5 star accomodation (at a budget price may i add) doesnt mean i have to be frivolous with my spends on food. thanks for the reply anyway

Montevarchi, Italy
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon in april

As you say, you'll be a bit away from the centre. However as I recall Bagno a Ripoli has a few restaurants and it's not a tourist area so you should certainly find prices reasonable. Buone vacanze!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon in april

Bagno a Ripoli is a regular town with all the regular town things: supermarket, pharmacies, bars, restaurants. It's about a 20-30 minutes drive to central Florence. You'll have a car?

I'll be happy to suggest a few ideas for you in Florence, if you'll give me some ideas about the things that interest you most. After Sorrento, you'll be ready to tackle our treasures of art, history, architecture and... food and wine!

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: honeymoon in april

thank you so so much for offering to do that so very kind of you. My husband and i have decided not to hire a car no so we will be dependant on public transport and taxis, reason being we would like very much to have lots of food and wine not worry about the drive back to hotel ha. we will more than likely get the firenze card too, is there a card that works on all transport or is it just pay as you go kind of thing?

we enjoy art, food, wine, museums etc, i look forward to hearing back from you

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: honeymoon in april

What a wonderful honeymoon. I could suggest a half day trip to Pisa (we thought the Tower was awesome climbing to the top), maybe a day trip to Siena...so magical. You *must see the Statue of David in the Accedamia. We spent a whole hour just gazing at it... astoundingly mesmerizing!

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: honeymoon in april

thanks skibilly we are 100% going to see David, im in awe just looking at photographs of it in travel guides. we may daytrip to siena also :0)

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: honeymoon in april

Villa Olmi offers complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the historic center of Florence, so getting into and out of town is no problem. If you have the FirenzeCard (great deal!) you can ride all ATAF buses and trams without limit, free, for the duration of the card's validity, which is 72 hours from the first time you use it.

Using taxis in Florence is easy - just call 4242 or 4390 (don't forget the area code 055!). Your cab will be there, usually in five minutes or less.

The Uffizi and Accademia are fantastic. I practically live in them! But keep in mind that there are many, many other amazing museums, galleries, churches and more to see! The Palatine Gallery and the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo are two of my favorites. Also the Gallery of Modern Art, which like the Palatine, is in Palazzo Pitti. Be careful, though... the word "modern" is a bit flexible here in Florence! ;o)

Note that although the FirenzeCard covers a whopping 33 sites, not all museums are included.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: honeymoon in april

thats really useful info eugene thankyou - any other tips for me?