We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
J&S
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
201 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

Any one heard of "Friendly Rentals"? They have some nice looking apartments but no reviews on Tripadvisor....

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

Friendly Rentals are a reputable company managing a good range of properties in Spain, Italy, France and other destinations. I have not rented from them in Florence, but have rented apartments in Rome, Barcelona, San Sebastian, and Paris and recommend them. I have found them very easy to book with, getting immediate availability, using Credit Card for the deposit, and receiving immediate confirmation and arrival instructions. Many of their properties have reviews on TA, maybe not the ones you are viewing. If you go to the Friendly rentals website and look on the lower left of their home page you will find the Tripadvisor/Flipkey 'Excellent Rating" logo.

friendlyrentals.com/en/apartments/florence/a…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

I booked an apartment with them for Rome. Unfortunately the apartment owner had decided to withdraw his apt for rent and I had no problems whatsoever with a refund. Their communication was great and I found them easy and pleasant to deal with.

I would use them again.

grimsby
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

As the 1st post mentioned, visit their website. Used them twice for Rome & now looking to use them for Florence. Easy booking, superb accommodations & very helpful & thorough. Definitely recommend them to get all the local advise for food etc from whoever meets you with the keys. You are given contact details & as long as you call in advance they will be there to meet you on arrival. Cant speak highly enough of them..........give them a try!

Hope this helps.

Canberra, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

Used them for an apartment in Florence. Found the website easy and emails to and from them easy and quick. My problem was with the actual apartment in Florence and the on site agent. Don't know if Friendly Rentals really cares about this as they get their cut no matter what we, as consumers, think about the final service/product.

J&S
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
201 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

I rented an apartment in Florence this past Spring...it was lovely but AFTER I put down my deposit on a credit card I learned I had to bring a bazillion euros in cash to pay the balance to the owner upon arrival. I won't rent through them again. The owner did not speak english. Hassle about how much we owed.

J&S
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
201 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

Note I posted the January message. Loved the apartment. Did not dig the fact that Friendly rentals conceled the fact that you have to pay in cash after the deposit.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

Hardly concealed. FAQ second item states:

"2. How do I pay for the booking?

You will be required to pay 25% of your reservation to confirm your booking; the balance must be paid in cash on arrival."

This is quite common when renting holiday apartments. The other method used is to pay the full amount to the owner's bank account in advance of arrival. I much prefer cash on arrival.

Edited: 03 October 2012, 01:35
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

I have just gone through a terrible experience with Friendly Rentals - not only are their terms and conditions very shady, but their hours are not kept internationally despite advertising them to be so.

I had a rather snippy call with a check-in agent today and they were completely unhelpful and ended the call with "right you knwo what I am done with this conversation" after I quizzed them about their terms and conditions and my concerns with using cash travelling as I am weary of fraud (I work in Banking and am very cautious of what is actually happening with cash payments).

This agency has no involvement whatsoever with the actual management of properties and you could easily consider them simply a host for advertising.

I would avoid this at all costs for any rentals you might like to keep a paper trail of, as no invoices can be administered for your records, the terms and conditions of the actual owner of the property are not visible until you pay a non-refundable deposit, and I would suspect given the financial crisis still hitting hard in Spain, unfriendly rentals are unwilling to let any cash out of their sight in terms of refunds because they cannot guarantee secure payment gateways.

Florence
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

We have rented apartments on a number of occasions in various cities in Europe and South America.

Sometimes we have gone through agents. There have been times when the agent said one thing and the owner did or said something quite different. Getting caught in the middle - especially if you're in a place you don't know well, if at all, where you don't speak the language well, if at all, where you don't have resources or recourse, is not a good thing. It's a great way to ruin your entire vacation.

More often, we have rented directly from owners - through VRBO or similar sites, some of which were local, serving only one town or one country. Being in direct touch with the owner - rather than through the dubious filtration of an agent - has worked well for us.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental agency called "Friendly Rentals"

Our experience with friendly rentals for the "tosca apt " in Roma was very satisfying. They had great communication and follow up and the owner was very nice and accommodating . The apt was as described ...