We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided Tour(s) of Florence?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
123 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Guided Tour(s) of Florence?

Hello-

My husband and I are going to be in Florence for three days arriving at noon on May 20th to our departure to Rome on May 23rd.

We were interested in suggestions for guided tours in Florence. Is this something one would advise for those of us who are not the most savvy in regards to art and architecture? I have seen several websites advertising tours of the Accademia, Uffizi, David, etc etc. We also want to do the Duomo (cathedral, baptistry, and dome).

Any guidance would be wonderful....

Pembroke Pines...
Level Contributor
223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided Tour(s) of Florence?

www.viator.com

Look at Italy/Florence and you will see several tours they offer. There is a half day tour of Florence, a full day tour of Florence, as well as several day trips to cities near/just outside of Florence. I've taken a few tours through Viator in big cities in the US and have found that they are reliable and generally spot on according to the tour descriptions. This is just one of several options available, hope it helps.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided Tour(s) of Florence?

This link gives details and reviews on loads of tours.

I personally prefer to do my own investigation of cities after preparing the ground with a good guide book, but many people like to do a tour for various reasons - Each to his own

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g187895-Activi…

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
123 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided Tour(s) of Florence?

I am still deciding but I really appreciate the help. I think engaging with a guide especially in regards to the art "stuff" might help my husband enjoy his time more...

albuquerque
Level Contributor
963 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guided Tour(s) of Florence?

I think doing a combination of self exploration and a couple of quality walking tours is perfect. I've had excellent experiences with Context Travel. I loved their Artisans Walk. Their art and history walks are wonderful too. Reasonably priced as well.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guided Tour(s) of Florence?

Go to the tgiFlorence.com website and noodle around a little. We can't strongly enough recommend the services of Eugene Martinez. Contact him and tell him what you want to see - in what depth - and he'll help you to organize a personalized plan that will be splendid. If you've time, do engage Eugene for a tour of the Central Market (tastings, in depth commentary on Tuscan food) followed by a cooking lesson (or demonstration, you choose) in his incredible Tuscan home....with the amazing contributions of Chef Antonio Albani when you get to the cooking - and eating! - part. Eugene and Antonio made our visit to Florence truly memorable.

6. Re: Guided Tour(s) of Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2013, 10:17