We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live theater/performances

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Live theater/performances

My boyfriend and I will be in Florence at the end of March. We've already been and have seen all the wonderful sites, so I thought this time around, it would be fun to see some sort of live performance. Suggestions? I will take anything from big Opera's to small local theater. Just thought it would be fun!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live theater/performances

Check the Teatro della Pergola for the smaller theatre or Teatro Communale or Teatro Verdi for a bigger opera. Another option is to visit Teatro del Sale for a meal and a show (note that people go here more for the meal than for the show!).

Mentioned in this post
Teatro della Pergola
Teatro della Pergola
56 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Teatro Verdi
Teatro Verdi
84 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Live theater/performances

...though the meal at the Teatro del Sale is a pretty entertaining performance in and of itself!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live theater/performances

exactly! :)

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live theater/performances

Grazie!! I have heard of the Teatro del Sale so perhaps we'll look into that one!

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live theater/performances

Take a bus (instead of train, because bus goes/stops inside the walls) to Lucca. It's just over one hour's ride and the buses are nice. Then stroll to the San Giovanni deconsecrated church for a Puccini concert. (Lucca is, you know, Puccini's birth city.) The performances are splendid. Only last just over an hour, but well worth the trip and the venue is amazing.

Concerts begin at 7:00-ish (usually 7:15) with a short intermission......so you can plan a nice dinner afterwards - or before - and still get back to Florence in good time. There are sometimes special, more lengthy concerts presented by this organization, too. The singers are young, beautiful and incredibly talented.

Look at www.puccinielasualucca.com for information, schedules, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
6. Re: Live theater/performances

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:20