We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express hop on/off tour bus of Florence???

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
664 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Express hop on/off tour bus of Florence???

Hi just enquiring on behalf of some friends. They are considering a day trip to Florence. Does anyone know if there is a tour bus such is offered in Rome (the 110 hop on/off bus apparently offers this) where the bus does the normal hop on/off loop but only does the one pick up/drop off?

Having done the normal hop on/off bus myself in Florence they wouldn't have time.

Thanks in advance.

Walkabout Florence Tours
Day Trips, Food Tours, Cooking Classes, Sightseeing Tours
Artviva: The Original & Best Tours Italy
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
FlorenceTown
Bike Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Cooking Classes
Fun in Tuscany
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
UK
Level Contributor
378 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Express hop on/off tour bus of Florence???

There is a hop on/off tour bus operating in Florence, personally I have not used it so I cannot comment on it, but note that Florence is small and easily walked around and also note that, because Florence has a lot of narrow streets, the hop on/off bus does not go down them, it's too big to do so.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
664 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Express hop on/off tour bus of Florence???

Yes I know as we have used the hop on/off in Florence and were there for 5 days. That's why I know that my friends wouldn't have time to do this as it does take a long time as the bus does stop for long periods at times waiting for people.

As I mentioned in Rome they do have a service that follows the same route as the hop on/off (same company) but it picks people up and does the long loop without stopping. I just wondered if there were such a service offered in Florence.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Express hop on/off tour bus of Florence???

As far as I know, there is no bus that does the loop without stopping. And even if there were, it wouldn't be very interesting as all the things your friends will want to see are well inside the loop.

If they come here by train, they'll arrive at Santa Maria Novella station, smack in the center of town. Everything - the Duomo, Baptistry, San Lorenzo, Accademia, Piazza Della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, the Uffizi and more - is in walking distance!

4. Re: Express hop on/off tour bus of Florence???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 09:36