We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 1st - Pissa open?

lov
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
208 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
May 1st - Pissa open?

Hello,

I am planing to be in Florence on May 1st. I know it's a holiday and museums are closed. Is Pissa open? Also how about trains and buses to get there and return? Thank you.

lov
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
208 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

I called and they said it is open. But I checked trains and it said N/A.

Does anyone know if bus is running? I tried to call Lazzi but no one to reach.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,400 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

The trains will be running, maybe on a more limited schedule due to May 1st ?

The train from Florence SMN to Pisa is a regional train, no reserved seats. The trip is a little over an hour and around 7 Euro, about a 20 minute walk to the Tower. There is a bus, Terravision I think, try the search bar above the posts for info.

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

Pisa is a city. They never close.

You cannot check the train schedule more than 60 days in advance. That's why it says N/A. There will be trains.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

N/A means that the ticket can't be bought now online, but any train you see on the eschedule will operate.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,719 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

Amusement parks have opening dates and days off, Pisa is a city.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

The city of Pisa is certainly open!

The trains will also be running, as will buses, but on a Sunday schedule - if you'd like to get an idea of that, take a look at the train schedule online using next Sunday as a date (N/A is because you are looking too far in advance perhaps).

If you'd like to find out the opening times of the sights in Pisa such as the Leaning Tower, check out their offical website: opapisa.it/it/…orari.html

(the bottom of the page has links to translate that page into other languages)

lov
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
208 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

Hi all thanks for the reply. Sorry pisa meant attractions like leaning tower etc. Yes I called and they are open! Ok I hopefully catch a train or bus then!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,788 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

Make sure you use the link provided by hapagirl to book your Leaning Tower tickets at least 16 days in advance.

9. Re: May 1st - Pissa open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2013, 10:18