We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help - Leaving in 4 days!!!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help - Leaving in 4 days!!!

Hello,

I've suddenly come to plan a last-minute trip with my friend to Italy.

We're flying from London into Venice and out from Venice again.

But because we want to put Venice toward the end of our trip, we've decided to head into Florence the first night from Venice.

So, my plan is:

Florence (2 nights), Cinque Terres (1 night) , Venice (3 nights)

I understand that 6 nights is not the most ideal in terms of traveling throughout Italy, but this is all we can afford.

I heard a minimum of 3 nights is needed in Venice, hence we allocated 3 nights (leaving on a morning flight on the last day anyway).

I realy want to visit Cinque Terre, thus allocated 1 night.

Could we also do Sienna/Lucca?

Could you please recommend how we go from Florence to Cinque Terres and do Sienna/Luca as well?

I'm very sorry for all the questions, but it's a last-minute trip and I'm panicking a bit!! I'm sure I'll be returning to Cinque Terre if it's as nice as it looks, but don't want to miss anything I could do on the way (like Sienna/Luca).

Thank you for all your help.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,707 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please Help - Leaving in 4 days!!!

I'm not sure what exactly you want to see in Venice, but it sounds to me as though you should stay there just two nights and the rest of the time in Florence, so that you can visit Lucca (and maybe Pisa), Siena, and still have a little time to see Florence.

No one can tell you the amount of time to spend in a place. It depends entirely on what you want to see there.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Please Help - Leaving in 4 days!!!

Thank you both for your input.

I have decided to split the 6 nights between Florence and Venice - 3 each. If I were leaving on an evening flight I might consider 2 nights in Venice (since everyone says it's a MIN of 3 days); however, my flight is early Sunday, so if I arrive in Venice from Florence on Fri, I think I will only have about 1.5 days.

I know CT is better when warmer, but was also told to avoid it in the summer as it can get really crowded and packed? Perhaps right before or after peak summer season will be best.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please Help - Leaving in 4 days!!!

Yes, a bit later into spring or mid autumn would seem a good time to go to me.

Castellina In...
Level Contributor
102 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Please Help - Leaving in 4 days!!!

Right choice. You got there in the end!

As for best time to go to CT, I'd say the end of September. Sill lovely and warm, but not nearly so busy.

15. Re: Please Help - Leaving in 4 days!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:41