We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum tickets in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Museum tickets in Florence

Because so many people ask questions about this, I have asked admin to make the subject a 'Sticky'

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

458 replies to this topic
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
202 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
311. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

If we want to book the tickets online, how early would you recommend that we book? Our travel dates are late August. Thanks.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
202 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
312. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Just so I am clear, if we book the tickets online, can we bypass the queue to the entrance? Or is that just for the Firenze holders?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
313. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Yes, there ia a reserved ticket entrance.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
314. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

I posted this on the forum, but,on second thoughts, it is probably better on this thread :

I have always had an Amici degli Uffizi Card in the past, so had no need to book timed slots, but now I am a senior and I have free admission, but for the 'big two' you still need to pre-book.

I phoned +39055294883 from England and selected the 'English' option and then option 8 to make a booking. I was connected to an English-speaking lady and booked for both Museums at the times I wanted on Wednesday and Thursday of next week. I was given my code for each Museum and advised that I should collect my reservation ten minutes before the stated time. Very straightforward and painless!

I have calls to Europe included on my 'phone plan, so the call was free, but even if you don't, you are only on the line for a few minutes, so it won't break the bank.

By far the easiest way to make sure that you don't have queue for hours!

Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
315. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Wow! I am about to book for next week as well and am planning on one of the rainier days as to spend them indoors, so to speak. What times do you suggest? You had said, "early" for the Accademia, and about 4 pm for the Uffizi but if I spend 2 hours in that museum, I will be famished. What do you suggest?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
316. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Well, I have booked both for 09.30 on consecutive days, that early enough for me. You can never really say for the Uffizi, it's always busy, but you could consider 13-14h (lunchtime) and there may not be many tour groups around.

By the way, if you need to eat by 18.00, you may find that your options are quite limited, because may restaurants don't start serving until 19.00-19.30

Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
317. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Thank you. That is good to know. I haven't been to Florence since 10 and 12 years ago and don't remember those details. Just remember the museums because of how fantastic it was. I went to the Accademia on a rainy morning early and the Uffizi that same afternoon hours after lunch. We spent probably about an hour in the first, and several in the second. You are so helpful to tell us the important details!! Appreciate your help.

home
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
318. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

We too just purchased the ufuzzi membership card and was surprised that it did not give us immediate entrance to academia. Do we have to phone for a time there? I am somewhat confused. I thought by buying this membership we got to enter all museums bypassing ticket lines.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
319. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

That's how it used to be, but they have changed the rules. Some people still manage to get in without waiting, but officially the only place to do that is the Uffizi.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
320. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

We got here just a few days ago, and the only way for us to get into the Uffizi was via viator.com. Yes, it was expensive (25 euro each), but it worked perfectly fine: No line! (Just skip dinner a couple of times, or save a lot of money by renting an apartment via VRBO instead of staying at a hotel.) We made the reservation via www.viatorcom, and got a voucher emailed to us. I created a PDF from it on my laptop, emailed it to myself, and downloaded it onto my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy) -- which can display PDFs. I then showed the PDF at the entrance, and voila! I am sure there are better and smarter ways to get your smartphone to do this -- even smartphones that do not work here except via WiFi. But this did the trick.

Reply to: Museum tickets in Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted